Whats your favorite RUM?

375RUM, they are very rarely found, on the as is alley rack at the Scheels

But……they do exist! It's a sad world when folks can't see the "value added benefits" of the .375 calibers! 😉

While it doesn't have the availability various of bullets as do the .308" or the .338" …..it doesn't require as many "crutches" as does it's subordinate calibers! 😂 memtb

But……they do exist! It's a sad world when folks can't see the "value added benefits" of the .375 calibers! 😉

While it doesn't have the availability various of bullets as do the .308" or the .338" …..it doesn't require as many "crutches" as does it's subordinate calibers! 😂 memtb
If it's thick dark woods, with none or only a little bit of snow cover, 375cal, hands down over 30 cal.

Beautiful rifle . I want to get my 28 in. Bartlein barrel spiral fluted. I figure it will remove about 6 oz.. I did it on a 27 in. MGM TC Encore barrel and it took off 6 oz. Then my 300 RUM will only weigh 13 pds. ! Woo Hoo !
Thanks
It turned out better than I imagined.
With out bipod it weighs around 11.5 pounds.
My brake is not the best but it does reduce the recoil to a little less than my 7 rem.
I went with aesthetics over efficiency.

If it's thick dark woods, with none or only a little bit of snow cover, 375cal, hands down over 30 cal.

There is one other small, nearly irrelevant, though endearing quality that is often neglected……the 3/8" bore is acceptable in most African countries for all of the "Big Five"! 🤔 And it still performs pretty well "stateside"! 🙀 😁

That alone gives it a "seat at the head of the table"! 😉😂 memtb

300 is my personal favorite, with monos being able to stand up to higher twist rates/ velocities I don't feel the need to step down to a 7 to shoot lighter bullets. Only have 1 right now (other two were changed to 30SMs) but it's a carbon barrel in an HS stock that weighs about 8#. TBAC 338 Ultra can, and it shoots pretty darn nice.

I run a 338 Edge for light class ELR, it's an easy button solution with ADG brass available.

PTG has a 6.5 RUM reamer that has been calling my name though....
I like the sound of a 6.5 UM . Have you tried or maybe seen one of these in action? I have a 6.5-06 and really like it shoots really well from 129gr. To 140gr. I would like to see some specs for something like this 👍🏻

So, what is your favorite U.M. for hunting and why?
7, 300, 338, 375, edge, edge +p , other ?????

Why?

Is the extra powder usage worth the gain over wsm, wm?

What about increase in recoil? How heavy is your rifle? What about barrel life?

How much further can you shoot, how much more velocity do you gain in equal length barrels over wsm or wm? How long are you loading ?

View attachment 477421
For me, my full custom build 338 RUM! My elk thumper! 1 and done!💥⚰️

My next project will be a 416 RUM. I know it's been done many times already, but I really want one.
What kind of velocity would you expect?
I just put together a 375 RUM with the shoulder pushed forward and almost all the case taper removed. I just formed some cases and hoping to start load dev next week.