Votes: 59 9.5%
  • 6.5-47 Lapaua

Votes: 51 8.2%
  • 6.5-06

Votes: 48 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 198 32.0%

• Total voters
That is very generous. I have an unchambered 6.5 1:8, Rock Creek carbon wrapped barrel NIB.
Q on the Whidden custom dies…aren't they made with the same reamer as the chamber…I read that the die should be .002-.003 undersize so you can make allowance for metal spring back after full length sizing. Have you heard that ? What are your thoughts ?

The seating die will be the same specs as the chamber reamer, the resize die will be undersized to give you room and takes spring back into account.

Whidden makes dies both from the print or uses a custom carbide set which Rich has provided them.

CR, Whidden makes the dies from the reamer print.

Thats true if you don't provide them with the custom reamers but they have to bore them that way which costs you more. I'm providing them with carbide reamers (as Bign said) which lowers the cost and provides consistency. By around April, I will be able to provide the bushing/micrometer set for around $200 instead of the usual $260..............Rich

Thats true if you don't provide them with the custom reamers but they have to bore them that way which costs you more. I'm providing them with carbide reamers (as Bign said) which lowers the cost and provides consistency. By around April, I will be able to provide the bushing/micrometer set for around $200 instead of the usual $260..............Rich

Interesting, I'll have to chat with them about that. I assume by custom reamers that you are not using the chamber reamer to make the sizing die...

Interesting, I'll have to chat with them about that. I assume by custom reamers that you are not using the chamber reamer to make the sizing die...

No, Kiff makes a duplicate carbide based on my finisher which I send to Whidden for the seater. He also makes a carbide .0025" smaller for the sizer..........Rich

Hi, guys can anyone help me find a good quality stock for my m38 swedish mauser? I understand archangel has one for the russian m38, but as of yet I can't find one for the swede I've seen pics of them but can't find them. Thanks for any info. Luke.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.