Your favorite production rifle

Kimber Mountain rifle fan boy here, Stainless Steel, awesome adjustable triggers, carbon composite stocks (except the Hunter), threaded barrels(except the hunter), and light weight.

I've got 3 Montana's (280AI, 6.5 Creedmoor, 300WM), 1 Ascent (7-08) and 1 Hunter (308)..all are sub 1/2 MOA with handloads.

They all work great as they come in factory trim, haven't felt the need to upgrade any components other than adding Kimber brakes to the Montana's.

Nice!! Exactly which one is yours? There's so many options now.

I have several Stalker versions, the latest two are the Predator Hunter A-TACS AU 6.5 Creedmoor and a Hells Canyon Max Long Range A-TACS AU 6.5 Creedmoor, both 7 twist and shoot everything I have tried so far into small little groups. I plan on ordering the X-Bolt Target Max as soon as my oncologist gives me the all clear diagnosis.

I have several Stalker versions, the latest two are the Predator Hunter A-TACS AU 6.5 Creedmoor and a Hells Canyon Max Long Range A-TACS AU 6.5 Creedmoor, both 7 twist and shoot everything I have tried so far into small little groups. I plan on ordering the X-Bolt Target Max as soon as my oncologist gives me the all clear diagnosis.
Howdy, I've been thinking of getting me one of those Hell Canyon in a 6.5 or a. 308 what do you remember. And Merry Christmas. 🎅

Merry Christmas

It's hard to argue against a 6.5 Creedmoor, it pains me to say as I always have sworn I would never own the caliber because of the fanbois.

There are so many choices in the X-Bolt line, just find a version that appeals to you and rock on. I keep springs on hand from Mcarbo, Yodave and HVHA(High Velocity Hunting Australia), I will be trying a HVHA in one of the rifles as soon as I feel up to it.

Here's my process for the trigger springs, this allows me to keep the safety on and use the bolt release.

****Performing any modifications to your rifle may create an unsafe condition and are not recommended by me****

The ever so slightly longer spring on top is the MCarbo. Adjusted until the screw was a half a thread from falling out the lowest average was 2lbs 10oz.

The Yo Dave spring on the left set as per the instructions for the MCarbo yielded an average of 2lbs 6oz, same setting yielded an average pull of 2lbs 14.8oz with the MCarbo.

So, I thought, I have 2 springs and one gun, let's cut one up and see what happens.

I cut a full round off of the MCarbo, set it as per their instructions, average pull was 2lbs 10oz, backed out until just a half a thread was holding it averaged 2lbs 4oz.

Removed it 2 more times and trimmed a little off the last coil, reinstalled and tested, set per the instructions it yielded 2lbs 5oz with the first trim, second trim was pay dirt, 2lbs 0.1oz average over a ten pull test.

Reassembled and did a vigorous bump/drop test, to the point my buddy thought I was going to bust the stock, 10 bumps and then a pull test, 3 different times and the average pull was 2lbs 0oz, each pull test was exactly the same, which is surprising since they always vary 2-3oz.

So, I don't recommend that you or anyone else cut their spring, but you want as close to a 2 1/2lb trigger pull as possible, the Yo Dave spring is highly recommended.

Just a heads up, they ship Canadian post, you will not receive tracking information, it just shows up about 2 weeks later giver or take, it could have been in the mail box a few days.

If you are confident in your abilities, then you can modify your spring as you see fit, but order 2 of them for safe measure. Start small and trim small each subsequent time, and vigorously bump/drop test your rifle.

A 2lb flush X-Bolt trigger is a thing of beauty, rivaling the Tikka T3x trigger with an Ernie The Gunsmith Varmint spring.

Good luck and be safe!

full-25419-197254-20190818_184218.jpg

I wasn't a fan as well. BUT I tried one and now I have 4 , Savage ultra lite not the carbon model, Kimber 84 limited edition, Ca Mesa, and a Thompson c. And every one is a shooter. So I eat my words from the past. So really I don't know why I'm asking about another one???? Guess it's in the blood. Ha Brother Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's. Thanks. 👍🎅

loved my Wincher Model 70 until I bought a tikka then a Browning Xbolt LR hells Canyon it is now my favorite, the Win I did a trigger job on it shot fine, the Tikka and aftermarket mag and Bolt stop to except longer rounds, it has a sweet trigger, but it can't be load with the safety on. the X bolt I adjusted the trigger and that it. it is very crisp with zero travel shoots lights out.

Nice.

I wouldn't mind picking up my first X-Bolt i .300 Win Mag for out Elk Hunting out West. What model(s) would you consider for shooting out to 500-700 yards? TIA.

loved my Wincher Model 70 until I bought a tikka then a Browning Xbolt LR hells Canyon it is now my favorite, the Win I did a trigger job on it shot fine, the Tikka and aftermarket mag and Bolt stop to except longer rounds, it has a sweet trigger, but it can't be load with the safety on. the X bolt I adjusted the trigger and that it. it is very crisp with zero travel shoots lights out.
I'm considering a Browning X-bolt LR Hells Canyon in .300 Win Mag. Your thoughts?

Nice.

I wouldn't mind picking up my first X-Bolt i .300 Win Mag for out Elk Hunting out West. What model(s) would you consider for shooting out to 500-700 yards? TIA.

I don't routinely shoot that far and have zero experience with the 300 WM. So take everything I say with a grain of salt. I would be more concerned about carrying weight. The two I would suggest are the Western Hunter LR or the Speed LR. They both come in at 7lbs 4oz and 7lbs 3oz respectively with 8 twist 26" barrels and adjustable combs. When I looked, there were 26 different X-Bolt options in 300 WM, so you shouldn't have any problems finding one to fit your needs.

D81CC648-A093-4CB3-B90E-04870233446E.png
C6A0815B-F5E4-47AE-BBCC-13634F6F14E0.jpeg

I don't routinely shoot that far and have zero experience with the 300 WM. So take everything I say with a grain of salt. I would be more concerned about carrying weight. The two I would suggest are the Western Hunter LR or the Speed LR. They both come in at 7lbs 4oz and 7lbs 3oz respectively with 8 twist 26" barrels and adjustable combs. When I looked, there were 26 different X-Bolt options in 300 WM, so you shouldn't have any problems finding one to fit your needs.

View attachment 421233View attachment 421234
Thank you for the detailed response. I typically wouldn't shoot that far either. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I did shoot at BangSteel this fall out to 1,200 yards. It was quiet an eye-opening and learning experience. I was shooting a RPR in 6.5 CM and it was very crazy accurate out to 940 yards. My Weatherby Mark V Accumark in .257 Wby was also very accurate out to 500+ yards before I put it back into my gun case without seeing how far it could shoot accurately.

Thank you again!