Will the Corona Virus impact your hunting plans next fall?

correct, I finger fudged and missed the .0 on the calculator when doing the division-- I am in the same boat as you on this and see the "extremely high" death rates as something to keep an eye on--I was just trying to show numbers for people and not influence with my own opinions--I will fix the numbers in my post, thanks

No problem, I just thought it was worth mentioning - we all make fat finger mistakes. LOL

Some biologists are saying there is a big question about the length of time that people that are infected are shedding the virus....some are saying it may be anywhere from 14-37 days. Don't quite remember where I read that though so I can't site reference.
Tens :(

To answer the originally posted question:
Will the Corona Virus impact your hunting plans next fall?

For the first time in many years I have only booked one hunting trip for this fall. It is within a 1 day drive so I don't anticipate any interuption at this point. However, any trips that require flying would certainly be a wait & see proposition.
My wife was scheduled to fly to Ireland with her girlfriends in 3 weeks. The travel agent claims that her money is non-refundable if she cancels. She insured the trip but we are told that Covid-19 can not be used to submit a claim unless you actually have it. After a lengthy discussion we agreed that her personal health and safety were more important than the money under the current circumstances. She cancelled.

Last edited:
I know I should not text when drinking but here goes, if you are the part of society that needs to be concerned ie age or underlying health issues then take precautions. Take precaution but still hunt because that is what we do

I thought maybe I can trade tp for info on secret hunting spots. Anyone interested?

Actually wife n I have big ana. vac. planned for ireland right in the middle of hunt season so I'm not putting in for tags this year, just points--- if we need to postpone the Ireland trip I'll be buying left over or otc tags. Less people in the woods so it's probably safer than in town. In fact, if for some reason it really got bad I'm going to my off grid cabin for a while to count how many sheets of tp I have

Supposed to go to South Africa the end of April plus I'm 70. Getting nervous. Watching and waiting. Glad I bought travel insurance.

You may want to inquire now as to what your travel insurance will (or will not) cover. I'm told that most travel insurance does not cover an epidemic. Insurance companies are facing massive claims and will look for any way to avoid payment or may just go bankrupt.
It's worth looking into while you have the time.

You may want to inquire now as to what your travel insurance will (or will not) cover. I'm told that most travel insurance does not cover an epidemic. Insurance companies are facing massive claims and will look for any way to avoid payment or may just go bankrupt.
It's worth looking into while you have the time.
Correct, only 2 ways its covered-- of you actually get it before you leave, or of you have a "cancel for any reason" policy

Well, let's compare again. Worldwide there are 4,300 deaths attributed to Corona-19. However, there are 646,000 attributed to influenza. This is a 1 to 6000 ratio. Need I say more? The hysteria should be far more focused on getting a flu shot than this crap.
Maybe - but the coronavirus isnt the flu. Its way worse, even if you are young and healthy and get it. Scar tissue in the lungs etc. things that can impact your life for more than a few weeks.