Will the Corona Virus impact your hunting plans next fall?

......This thing isn't even close to the yearly flu. 34 million infected with 20,000 dead last year. We have what, 550 confirmed cases and 100 unconfirmed. This is a total media blowout........

They've been wrong a bunch-2012 it was July before I bought a calendar:eek:

At this point separating Covis-19 patients, from seasonal flu. Some of the things we're doing, are probably things that might should be done to contain the flu.

Nice to have the ability to self quarantine. IMG_0401.jpg

Look up "Dr Drew Pinsky and Corona-19 virus " on your search engine. The "Fake News " is creating a pandemic on this that is going to kill the world economy. 80K people die a year in a bad flu season in this country. Already 18,000+ this year vs 100 people worldwide from Corona-19. How stupid are we? Just like a bunch of Lemmings following the fake news into the depths of the sea. I don't anticipate changing my plans unless they don't allow you to drive or fly. Please pass the toilet paper!

Not funny just went to Costco this morning don't get there too often but we needed toilet paper Costco is out of toilet paper.

Look up "Dr Drew Pinsky and Corona-19 virus " on your search engine. The "Fake News " is creating a pandemic on this that is going to kill the world economy. 80K people die a year in a bad flu season in this country. Already 18,000+ this year vs 100 people worldwide from Corona-19. How stupid are we? Just like a bunch of Lemmings following the fake news into the depths of the sea. I don't anticipate changing my plans unless they don't allow you to drive or fly. Please pass the toilet paper!
While I agree panic is not necessary nor beneficial acting like this is nothing because it hasn't killed as many people yet is how this becomes more than nothing.

for what it's worth the death toll is over 4K and will pass 5000 by the end of the week and I expect the us confirmed cases will more than triple in the next 2 weeks. I'm personally young and fit so I'm not terribly worried but I don't want to spread to my aging family members that will have a tougher time of it.

I do not watch pop media so I have no opinions other than as always their job is to make money and they do that by getting views.

While I agree panic is not necessary nor beneficial acting like this is nothing because it hasn't killed as many people yet is how this becomes more than nothing.

for what it's worth the death toll is over 4K and will pass 5000 by the end of the week and I expect the us confirmed cases will more than triple in the next 2 weeks. I'm personally young and fit so I'm not terribly worried but I don't want to spread to my aging family members that will have a tougher time of it.

I do not watch pop media so I have no opinions other than as always their job is to make money and they do that by getting views.
Well, let's compare again. Worldwide there are 4,300 deaths attributed to Corona-19. However, there are 646,000 attributed to influenza. This is a 1 to 6000 ratio. Need I say more? The hysteria should be far more focused on getting a flu shot than this crap.

Well, let's compare again. Worldwide there are 4,300 deaths attributed to Corona-19. However, there are 646,000 attributed to influenza. This is a 1 to 6000 ratio. Need I say more? The hysteria should be far more focused on getting a flu shot than this crap.

The flu has nothing to do with this other than perspective, it should be considered as an example that this isn't the end of the world but it is not an excuse to act like this isn't dangerous. It is an already established virus that survives until the next season. Covid-19 is a novel virus that we only have record of dating back 6 months in humans and is currently expanding its coverage, this is a massive difference and makes direct yearly mortality comparisons much less useful. There are enormous variables at play being ignored.

I agree that people take the flu far too lightly, it has become normal and normal isn't scary even if it's quite dangerous.

Again, hysteria and panicking is not needed nor will it help. However ignoring novel virus outbreaks doesn't help either

Last edited by a moderator:
The flu has nothing to do with this other than perspective, it should be considered as an example that this isn't the end of the world but it is not an excuse to act like this isn't dangerous. It is an already established virus that survives until the next season. Covid-19 is a novel virus that we only have record of dating back 6 months in humans and is currently expanding its coverage, this is a massive difference and makes direct yearly mortality comparisons much less useful. There are enormous variables at play being ignored.

I agree that people take the flu far too lightly, it has become normal and normal isn't scary even if it's quite dangerous.

Again, hysteria and panicking is not needed nor will it help. However ignoring novel virus outbreaks doesn't help either
Excuse me but, not once have I alluded to it not being dangerous or deadly. I am addressing the hysteria created crisis created by the news creating a pandemic when far worse susceptible things are around us and never mentioned. Let's not lose focus on what I am alluding to. Hysteria to sell news with extreme economic degradation of our country and excessive amounts of over reaction based on the fear they are creating.
I can remember everyone digging bomb shelter in their backyards in the early 60's and thinking I was about to be vaporized by Russia. Was scared to death. That hole would never have saved me but what the end result was a hole that needed filled and a fear that lasted for years. My granddaughter asked me if we were all going to die from the California virus? Obviously she doesn't have the correct word but she is in fear. I know what she is experiencing. It is nuts. However, after thinking about her wording I got to thinking that she might be on to something else as more of them move to Idaho.

Last edited:
Excuse me but, not once have I alluded to it not being dangerous or deadly. I am addressing the hysteria created crisis created by the news creating a pandemic when far worse susceptible things are around us and never mentioned. Let's not lose focus on what I am alluding to. Hysteria to sell news with extreme economic degradation of our country and excessive amounts of over reaction based on the fear they are creating.
I mis understood your posts. I thought that you were alluding to this not being dangerous and only manufactured hysteria. My apologies!

It's Just numbers

people hope to win the mega millions powerball or LOTTO, Americans spend over 71 Billion dollars per year to try and win-- and the odds of winning that are 1 in 303Million

right now out of 7.5B people world wide, over 120,000 have contracted the disease and 4300 are dead over just a short 3 month period-- places like Italy have only had it for just under a month and already have 10,000 cases with 600 dead---it has just started here in the US--
From Oct 1, 2019 to Feb 29, 2020 there were an estimated 46.5M cases of the flu in the US with estimated deaths of 36,000--that is .07% death rate-- cant use US covid-19 stats yet as its just starting so Ill use the average numbers worldwide-- CV-19 has a death rate of 3.6%, so currently the CV-19 has a death rate of 50X higher than the flu, and the flu has a vaccine available .

I hope we can all be "pro-active" rather than "re-active" like other countries

its nothing to freak out about, but precautions are necessary to curb the rapid spread as no one yet knows the future implications.

The boy scouts motto is "always be prepared"
the Military often uses the phrase "Two is one, and one is none"
philosopher George Santayana said "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"
"One second ago is the past, and the past is history"

Last edited:
6 cases in this entire state, 27 are pending test results and no deaths so far. Flu cases here in the thousands and several deaths and no one is alarmed. I am more worried about the economic effects and how this will cause a recession due to all the economic freak out. I didn't draw an elk tag, but I'm going to help my friend on his. Perhaps I'm an amateur prepper, but I've been buying long term non-perishable food for about 10 years. With three grandsons and two sons with spouses who don't, this will help a very small amount, but I feel better that I have something to fall back on. Wash your hands, avoid public contact and we should all be fine.