Corona virus in Deer?WOW

It's been found in cats, dogs, zoo animals, and I think mink in mink farms in Oregon. Hasn't been proven to be transmissible to humans. Although some reports claim the zoo animals got it from their zookeepers.

Update: Sorry for all the edits in my posts. I'm not the best typist. Or the best at multi tasking lol.

KurtB that is what I was wondering also because we don't see mass death with animals.
They seem to get through it without death but I may be wrong.
Just wondering if we ate an infected deer will we get corona virus?

Like 60% of the Ohio deer herd have it, I believe. As well as a lot of PA and NY. DON'T QUOTE ME on that. But there was a study here recently in that general state zone, believe there was a 4th state as well. Didn't seem to have any obvious health effects on the deer.

The way I heard it explained on the meat eater podcast is that they have blood samples going back a ways, so they could compare now to pre-2019 blood and see that it was in fact new to the herd.

I don't see it as being a big deal if it isn't affecting the heard health. But I'm not overly worried about COVID, either. So, as always, my opinion is worth what you paid for it ☺️

Coronavirus has always been in deer, dogs and the cows that the Amish milk to give you milk for your cereal. They've known that for along time. Viruses don't jump from dogs, deer, bats kangaroos or cows to people, (although kangaroos do jump). A virus has to be manipulated in a lab to go from an animal to a person.

It's been found in cats, dogs, zoo animals, and I think mink in mink farms in Oregon. Hasn't been proven to be transmissible to humans. Although some reports claim the zoo animals got it from their zookeepers.

Update: Sorry for all the edits in my posts. I'm not the best typist. Or the best at multi tasking lol.
My posts are full of errors because of the autocorrect feature which changes complete words to another. It treats the word as if you misspelled it and changes it to whatever it thinks it should be. Technology that is programmed by people with limited vocabulary.
Also the stroke I had last winter has been making me mistype a lot of letters on this phone keyboard.