Will the Corona Virus impact your hunting plans next fall?

Maine's been lucky so far, no Coronavirus although its at our border's now. Long as deer don't catch it we are looking good for this season :). Unfortunately chronic wasting is now at the borders as well, and that's a deer problem a coming. Guess we just worry most about that dreaded lyme disease that is everywhere due to a full blown tick population explosion. My prime hunting spots are both within a miles walk of the house so it looks like game on! Stay well everyone.

No not unless I come down with it, rheumatic fever, polio are what my parents dealt with in their time and now we have this virus. They use common sense and avoided public pools and large crowds during the outbreak times. I don't want to sound that I'm making lite of the situation but I'm not going to live in fear. Pandemic is a word causing fear rushing through out the world, stock market down 5,000 points people buying all the mask, Hand sanitizer and toilet paper ( last one I'm confused on) this is all media driven. My worry is my aging mother ( 82 ) and my granddaughter 1 year old. Children and the elderly! Then again I worry about these particular groups with any sort of bad flu or virus. This is nothing to laugh at but in MHO it's a lot of media hype . It is better to be safe than sorry and common sense is the key . The rest is the chance we live with everyday, I refuse to live in fear of the boogie man.

No not unless I come down with it, rheumatic fever, polio are what my parents dealt with in their time and now we have this virus. They use common sense and avoided public pools and large crowds during the outbreak times. I don't want to sound that I'm making lite of the situation but I'm not going to live in fear. Pandemic is a word causing fear rushing through out the world, stock market down 5,000 points people buying all the mask, Hand sanitizer and toilet paper ( last one I'm confused on) this is all media driven. My worry is my aging mother ( 82 ) and my granddaughter 1 year old. Children and the elderly! Then again I worry about these particular groups with any sort of bad flu or virus. This is nothing to laugh at but in MHO it's a lot of media hype . It is better to be safe than sorry and common sense is the key . The rest is the chance we live with everyday, I refuse to live in fear of the boogie man.
I'm not sure how accurate the internet data I saw was but the 3 most affected "types" of people most affected by CV19 are the elderly, those with underlying heart and lungconditions, and middle aged men

As of now, it seems that the virus has not really affected children very much at all (booger eaters may have a different immune system than adults)

Just saw the NBA has suspended all games till further notice due to am infected player

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be some crazy times

As far as I know it's correct that the majority (all that I'm aware) were over 60. This came from the information that may or may not be correct from China, where medicine is not as well care about, standards of quality of life is different and smoking rate is high leading to poor lung quality in general.

So far 3.5% people infected have died from this. 80.9% experience flu symptoms and got over it. 13.8 hospitalized. The US has had about 550 something cases, while China is in the 80,000 and makes up the majority of the death when crunching the numbers. 22 have died in the US, with no idea if THEY were coming from China. World wide, covid-19 has had less confirmed kills per day then the common flu, aids, Hep B and TB.

Priorities.

edit: looked at the cdc website, it's been changed to 29 died in the US.

Those who are afraid of dying are already dead.

I'm not worried about it. It's not in anyone's control. Americans don't worry about things they can control like weight, smoking, booze, drugs which all contributes to the biggest killers like heart disease, cancer, and overdoses.

Think about HIV. 50,000 a year get infected. We seem to forget about hepatitis. In 2016 there were 27,000 hep A cases. How about the flu? We call people stupid and then laugh about it when they don't get a vaccine then carry about our day.

Is this virus serious? Of course it is, but no more serious than the other 1000 more prolific ways to get sick and injured in the US. I say all that to put things in perspective and to remain positive. I'm going to keep hunting.

Edit: speaking of things out of our control, watch out for those 16 year olds texting and driving. 11 deaths a day from texting and driving according to the Harvard risk analysis institute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not funny just went to Costco this morning don't get there too often but we needed toilet paper Costco is out of toilet paper.

Last Sunday Sam's Club was out of TP, bottled water, hand wipes and hand sanitizer.

Yesterday I drove through the local Kroger parking lot and saw a man walking to his car carrying "one" item...it was a package of toilet paper.

It's a sign of the times.

And yes, I'll be driving to WY to hunt antelope this fall. I think I have enough TP to make it there and back.

As far as I know it's correct that the majority (all that I'm aware) were over 60. This came from the information that may or may not be correct from China, where medicine is not as well care about, standards of quality of life is different and smoking rate is high leading to poor lung quality in general.

So far 3.5% people infected have died from this. 80.9% experience flu symptoms and got over it. 13.8 hospitalized. The US has had about 550 something cases, while China is in the 80,000 and makes up the majority of the death when crunching the numbers. 22 have died in the US, with no idea if THEY were coming from China. World wide, covid-19 has had less confirmed kills per day then the common flu, aids, Hep B and TB.

Priorities.

edit: looked at the cdc website, it's been changed to 29 died in the US.
You should probably look again or read the earlier posts..... over 1242 cases have been confirmed in the US and as of this morning 37 people have died.
Tens:(

Last edited:
You should probably look again or read the earlier posts..... over 1242 cases have been confirmed in the US and as of this morning 37 people have died.
Tens:(
Cases in the US are here. Deaths are here. CDC is more reliable than the news.
"Cases" are ever changing. There's thousands of unsubstantiated "cases."