Which 300?

I'm sure he feels real good about his purchase now. Geeez

It doesn't really matter what I posted, does it? If the rifle shoots well it's moot. This is the Long Range Hunting forum. Long Range shooting, especially hunting requires reliable precision equipment. Based on what I saw in the video and my personal experience I would never recommend a Fierce Fury for long range hunting.. I spent a lot of money on that rifle and a lot more trying to make it shoot. I never did find out exactly what was wrong with it. I do know that I will only buy the best in the future. Take a look at custom actions and how they're built. That is for the consumption and digestion of both the OP and others following this thread.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter what I posted, does it? If the rifle shoots well it's moot. This is the Long Range Hunting forum. Long Range shooting, especially hunting requires reliable precision equipment. Based on what I saw in the video and my personal experience I would never recommend a Fierce Fury for long range hunting.. I spent a lot of money on that rifle and a lot more trying to make it shoot. I never did find out exactly what was wrong with it. I do know that I will only buy the best in the future. Take a look at custom actions and how they're built. That is for the consumption and digestion of both the OP and others following this thread.
Hopefully Fierce has improved over what you experienced 6 years ago with your Sako/Tika.

I have 300 wsm xbolt that holds sub moa at 400 yards. I had a brake installed and it is very light for the setup. That being said my buddies ridgelinr shoots awesome and we run it to 700 yards no problem. It is a 6.5

Just received photo of my 300rum built by Kevin @montour county rifles. Can't wait to pic this up... all custom, third 300Rum I have owned....

Attachments

• 83C353D7-56F6-47EA-8895-1115875AA0D2.jpeg
    83C353D7-56F6-47EA-8895-1115875AA0D2.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 188
I would look at the 300 PRC, I just had one built on a Kimber 8400 action, Hells Canyon CF Barrel 8lbs 12oz and its a dream to shoot, very accurate even with factory ammo, something to consider.

I just ordered a Action and trigger on Friday to begin my 300 PRC build. Rem 700 LH Stainless. Trigger Tech trigger. Probably going with a Grayboe Stock. Undecided on Barrel at this point.

The Remington 700 M40 Long Range Rifle that I have in 300 Remington Ultra Magnum weighs in at about 9 lbs., it has a 26" heavy barrel which helps with it's accuracy but it is in no way an average weight hunting rifle.
Got it new for under $700, the only thing added so far is the Scope.
225gr. ELD Match, 2,900 fps. , 0.730 B.C.
Hard to beat with a 30 Caliber bullet.

Last edited:
With the right bullet it will do both.
Faster I can agree with, but to say the Rum will outshoot a Nosler theres way to many variables in ammo and Gunsmithing abilities to even make a statement like that. I cant throw the PRC into the mix because I have never been around one. Now factory ammo i couldn't tell you because i dont shoot any factory stuff. Handloaded ammo and quality rifles built well I doudt most people could shoot the difference.

One of our brothers and his friend built Two long throat 300 Winchester Mags for the Berger 215's.

Dang they shoot nice.

Lots of custom stuff used to make both of those rifles.

They came in at 11 lbs with optic and bypod. Oh Yha

The RUM is a great cartridge. Kinda the one that started the big .30 craze. An affordable fast .30 in affordable rifles in 1999. Now, new bullets and powders make it even more appealing. More rifle chamberings, more brass manufacturers. I don't see any advantage to the Norma, the Nosler or the PRC over the RUM. Bought into the RUM in 2000. Lot's of dead critters since then. mtmuley

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.