Which Bullet for .300 WM

mww982

Went to the range today to test out some ammo on my Browning X Bolt Western Hunter LR today. The 5 that I tried were:

Remington Corelokt Ballisting Tip 180 Grain- Shot Good
Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds 180 Grain- Shot Ok
Federal Barnes TSX 180 Grain- Close second
Federal Scirocco II 180 Grain- Best of the 5
Barnes Vor-TX TTSX 180 Grain- Worst of the 5

The two that shot the best were the Federal Barnes TSX and the Scirocco II's. Which of those would you choose for hunting elk? Most likely less than a 500 yard shot. Should I check out Federal Terminal Ascents or another bullet or stick with the TSX or Scirocco II's?

Went to the range today to test out some ammo on my Browning X Bolt Western Hunter LR today. The 5 that I tried were:

The two that shot the best were the Federal Barnes TSX and the Scirocco II's. Which of those would you choose for hunting elk? Most likely less than a 500 yard shot. Should I check out Federal Terminal Ascents or another bullet or stick with the TSX or Scirocco II's?
Don't complicate it unnecessarily; pick one of the two and go with it. Any of the bullets will do just fine at<500Y; shot placement is still one of the key factors.

...NONE...a good ole' fashion time tested hunter approved Nosler partition will handle your every need

Whichever shot best and you can get the most of in the same lot preferrebly.

Curious if that is the order you shot them in?

Somtimes, the Barnes and other solid coppers do not shoot well after other copper has gone through it before.
Shot the cheaper Remingtons to get get it close to center.
Then TTSX
Then the Accubonds
Then the TSX
Last the Scirocco's

just one the 215 gr Berger hybrids

Like you, I don't have the time or space to reload right now. Never loaded for my 300wm, always shot factory Federals with Nosler Partitions. I've tried other stuff but always go back to the Partitions.

Both of those are great bullets. Whichever shot better or you can get more of easier will work.

I would just shoot the Scirocco…if you can find more of the same lot# I would buy them up.
If you were loading your own, I would recommend either the 200g Accubond or 210g ABLR. Both shoot awesome in all 5 of my 300WM rifles.

Cheers.