Bullet jump 300 WM

My 300 WM is a heavy Model 70, and my dad's is a heavy Rem 700. Mine is .025" off lands with 200gn bullet; Dad's is .040" off with 215gn bullet. Both guns will easily shoot tennis balls at 600 yds. in calm wind. Loads were carefully developed for both. Develop your load for Your Gun!

Most of my hunting rifles shoot well just gently touching the lands to about 10 thousands off. 130 Grn Nosler ballistic tips, in a Weatherby Ultra Light rifle, in 270 Win . That having been said , the Damm magazine for the second and third rounds have the final say. The loads are still acceptable for deer hunting. In my target rifles, single shot, Touching the lands happens to be very good with the bullets I use.

One more point to bring up. I load for a friends 30 06 Sig Rifle, that shoots Norma 165 grn deer loads so perfectly, its remarkable. Low in the bullseye at 50 yards, HI in the Bullseye at 100 yards, and approx. .060 to .065 shorter than the 3.340 max COAL. I do not know what 165 grn bullet Norma uses is that load, but if I load 165 Grn. Horn SST at 3.330, the bolt will not close. The Bolt will not close even at 3.320 with that particular Hornady Bullet. It needs 3.290 for the bolt to close with some force, with that Horn 165 Grn SST . I make his loads 3.280. Feeds and functions easily . Every Rifle is its own story!!

Every rifle is different. Spend the time and money and work up the load for your rifle.

I'll start out with a ladder test with a known winner as far as bullet and powder combos go…or what you have on hand/can find. Once I have my charge weight down, I'll start shooting groups with different seating depths to find the optimal load.