Which 300?

There is no doubt in my mind a fine , well-tuned rifle shooting carefully made hand loads will shoot very well. Now 10 to 20 shots into SUB Moa??!! I don't expect that from a hunting rifle, nor am I capable of putting 20 shots in a row into a sub MOA hole in the paper with my 300 Weatherby mag. I truly tip my hat to you guys that can make your hunting rifles shoot sub MOA for 20 rounds. If we can be allowed to come back to the topic of HUNTING BIG GAME with a 30 ,magnum HUNTING RIFLE I still prefer the Weatherby . It seems to able to shoot the same bullets ( 150 , 165 , 180 , 190 grn ) as the 300 H and H or the 300 Win Mag at the same velocities , or shoot a little bit faster and shoot a bit flatter, if so desired. The First well placed shot from a cold barrel is very important to me , as is the follow up shot. Humble opinion, for Elk Hunting with the 300 Wby. Mag , 10 or 20 shots in a row into Sub MOA , is truly impressive , but not that important to me on the Elk Hunt . Good Luck in you choice Buddy!!!!

Recent Posts