What's your caliber of choice, for coyotes?

This sounds like an awesome set up! How much does a light weight weatherby cost?
It was around $900 in 2000.
It's a 6 lug bolt, not a Howa action.
Weighs 5 3/4 pounds stripped. No rings, scope.
Easy to carry and plenty of accuracy. I've made a few spectacular LR hits on coyotes that were leaving after their buddy died.
It's a great calling rifle and can do double duty on incidental lions that show up, one of the reasons I chose the caliber.

However, the caliber strictions changed. .22 center fires are legal this year in WY for antelope, deer, lions and wolves.

Man that sounds like a spectacular rig. I just got a Browning BAR in 243. I like it but haven't found a factory load it likes to shoot. I bought it just for calling coyotes. Of course I live in southern ohio just minutes from Kentucky and West Virginia there's a lot of thick cover so the quick follow ups are there. Nothing like a sleek light weight rifle to pack. Makes hunting that much more pleasant.

Man that sounds like a spectacular rig. I just got a Browning BAR in 243. I like it but haven't found a factory load it likes to shoot. I bought it just for calling coyotes. Of course I live in southern ohio just minutes from Kentucky and West Virginia there's a lot of thick cover so the quick follow ups are there. Nothing like a sleek light weight rifle to pack. Makes hunting that much more pleasant.

It's a great rig for the west but too much magnification on the top end for your terrain, I would think.

hi bowhunter57 what you got will take them out with out them running off . i take out alot of dogs in a year i like to use a 22-250 and when they are close a 12 gauge works will . but i take fur. good luck and have fun

I shot a big eastern coyote a couple of years ago with my Encore in 223. It did great! Of course, it was only about 35-40 yards.

My brother has two Bar .243s they love 45.5 varget and 55 baltip. fast. he gets to see the hit he says.

That sounds awesome! I have got to try that! I love my BAR's! I really want to get my 243 set up for coyote! I've got another BAR in 25-05 (my favorite), it is great on deer! It's been coyote hunting with me before but didn't call anything in.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.