243 For Coyotes, What's A Good Load

COhntr

So i picked up a youth model remington 700 ADL with a synthetic stock and 20" barrel and plan on using it for a truck/SXS gun on the ranch. Just curious as to what some of the other guy's are shooting and maybe get a load idea or 2, with the shortage/hoarding going on, components are hard to come by. Thanks in advance

Sorry for not being very clear, and my post is a little muddled but i am looking for load recommendations. Have my niece and nephew running around and couldn't think straight

So i picked up a youth model remington 700 ADL with a synthetic stock and 20" barrel and plan on using it for a truck/SXS gun on the ranch. Just curious as to what some of the other guy's are shooting and maybe get a load idea or 2, with the shortage/hoarding going on, components are hard to come by. Thanks in advance
Winchester model 670 3-9 scope 95gr Hornady SST and IMR 4350

Honestly just about anything you shoot through a 243 is going to drop them. Are you concerned about pelt damage, or do you just want to drop them where they stand?

Also, for the best answer, is it a bolt or a gas gun, barrel length and twist rate, and where you at? Are you in the East sitting in timber, or out west watching them come in from 2 miles away?

The Remington 700 ADL is a bolt rifle with normally a 1:9.125 twist rate from the factory . any good factory load that is lighter then should work fine for what you want to do find one you can buy these days and then start with that for getting started refining your loads to work better in your rifle .

Somehow I didn't see the whole post. I'm trying to do too many things at once this morning. 🤣

There is someone trading 87gr vld bullets here in the classifieds. Might be a good place to start

45.0 RL16 with berger 68 gr fb or 70 gr varmageddon. barnes also has a 68 gr fb. my savage axis with 20 inch barrel loves them

I have very good luck with [email protected] gr, w/ a 65gr Vmax. For longer shots I use [email protected] w/ 87Vmax. Most accurate load between all my 243's... 85gr SBT BK, [email protected].