243 For Coyotes, What's A Good Load

35.5 gr IMR4350 behind 100gr Nosler Partition. in a Remington Model 7 topped with a 4x15 Nikon Monarch. After I tag out on deer in North Carolina I take this rifle out for Coyotes. It anchors them out to 400yds. No longer shots have been available so I don't know if it will be as good further out. Any of the 95gr offerings should work just as well.

That's a wonderful truck rifle, I had one like that in .308 for a few years that road shotgun. I replaced the stock with a Ti take off.

If you can choose I'd say the 70 NBT followed by the 75 VMax. But, in this climate you may need to rock what you can find. I used to shoot the 70 as my main stay in my 6/06. Gophers to elk things just died with it. If I had a few left I'd send them your way but I believe I am out of 6 millie bullets completely.

So i picked up a youth model remington 700 ADL with a synthetic stock and 20" barrel and plan on using it for a truck/SXS gun on the ranch. Just curious as to what some of the other guy's are shooting and maybe get a load idea or 2, with the shortage/hoarding going on, components are hard to come by. Thanks in advance

So i picked up a youth model remington 700 ADL with a synthetic stock and 20" barrel and plan on using it for a truck/SXS gun on the ranch. Just curious as to what some of the other guy's are shooting and maybe get a load idea or 2, with the shortage/hoarding going on, components are hard to come by. Thanks in advance
I've been loading some 58 grain bullets in my 243 for coyotes. They shoot fast and flat so you don't need to mess with guessing how ar away the target is. They only drop about 3" from 100 to 300 yards. The only down side is they explode inside the little dog and sometimes rip a hole in the far side, but they kill on contact.

The hornady 75 grain v-max works great for me

I've used Nosler 55gr BT with RL15 and it shoots bug holes. They are explosive and kill like lightening. Put em in the shoulder, or an angle, or straight on and they don't exit. They also give you a dead on hold to 300 yds but get pushed around a lot in the cross winds. Tried some Hornady 105 gr AMax to buck the wind but they recoil more and it's tougher to see hits in the scope. They are also unpredictable, some don't exit and others will run the length of a dog and keep going. Loaded some 75gr VMax with Varget for a couple friends and they like the performance. When I use up all my Noslers I might switch to the 75 VMax.

Four favorites that shoot well from a Ruger American Predator (RAP), a Savage 110 with a BHW 22" barrel, and a Forbes .243AI.

75gr Speer Varmint HP, 49.0gr Superformance, CCI-200, COAL 2.640" averages .5 MOA from all three rifles

75gr Speer Varmint HP, 42.0gr IMR-4350, CCI-200, COAL 2.640" or 2.590 (found that one by accident :)) averages .75 MOA from both .243Win rifles.

70gr Speer TNT HP, 41.0gr Varget, CCI-200, COAL 2.625" Last range outing with this load produced one 5-shot group that was 0.625 with four of those inside 0.257" from the RAP.

70gr Speer TNT HP, 46.4gr H-414 (W-760) COAL 2.625" Sub-MOA from both .243 Win rifles.

For shots over 500 yards I use a 105gr Lapua Scenar, 41.5gr IMR-4350, CCI-200, COAL 2.775" which is another sub-.5 MOA load in the RAP and the Savage 110.

I do professional predator control and put a lot of rounds downrange every year. I'm not saving hides so, mostly, I don't worry about exit wound size.
For those times I need a no-exit shot I rely on my .223 with 50gr Blitz bullets. I wish I could find an accurate .243 load that wouldn't exit then I could just rely on one rifle.

Hope this helps!

Ed

I like light bullets going as fast as they can as long as they remain accurate. When accuracy drops off, I back off on the load. One thing to watch for is temperature because a hot load in the winter can be too hot when the weather warms up.