Choice of caliber for coyotes

Looking for opinion on what caliber would be the best for coyotes. At ranges never know anywhere from 10 yards to 400 yards. I'm putting a pulsar thermal scope on the rifle. I will be reloading for it. Thanks for any information appreciate it.
Looking for opinion on what caliber would be the best for coyotes. At ranges never know anywhere from 10 yards to 400 yards. I'm putting a pulsar thermal scope on the rifle. I will be reloading for it. Thanks for any information appreciate it.
Two friends of mine use .22-250's. Superior accuracy & speed. They like the 55 grain V-max. With headshots they say it often just makes an entry hole.

There is a wide range of people on this site with a wide range of experience from young to older people , people that have virtually no experience and are looking to learn from those that have a ton of experience to those that are what can be called professional shooters . Some are perhaps gun smiths , machinists , mechanics , book keepers , doctors of all sorts as well as engineers in differing areas , or retired to those just starting out in life and trying to find information on a new activity or are old hands at it looking for advice on a newer way to do what they have been doing . To share information is the goal that most here strive for and accomplish well . While you may know how to do somethings very well there are still things that you also wish to learn . Having spent most of my life doing what I did for a living things may seem easy to me that to you are complicated , I might be able to set up a barrel in the lath , dial it in and turn the flash hider down then pick up the threads to take it off of a stainless steel barrel that it has bound to but the person reading this might have no idea what I'm talking about so is looking to gain some knowledge in that area they may not ever put it use for themselves but just are happy to have learned some small thing that may some day be useful .

I've shot coyotes with .22, 30-06,30-338, .50 BMG even 12 ga. They were all sufficient. If you want pelts you might consider something small and get good at calling.
I have 2 loads for my AR 15 rifle in .223 for coyotes. For long range, out to 1000 yards, using 64 gn Sierra BT match King at mv of 2982 fps using 25.4 gn of Varget with a 1/4 Moa accuracy. Other load is
55 gn VMax, 3245 fps with 27.2 gn compressed Varget. This load is self limited to 300 yards as I can only get a 1 Moa group with it!
243 is another great "yote" caliber along with a 12 ga shotgun!

25-06 with 85 gr nbt at 3625 for Contest hunting. No good for fur but fur didn't pay
Sad that the 30-06 Remington Accelerator never caught on in the 70's.

40-45gr bullet sitting in a nylon Sabot. Absolute murder on coyotes out to 400yds or so. I can't remember the velocity but they were smokin.

It's actually still made on a limited basis but now uses a 55gr Sabot.

40-45gr bullet sitting in a nylon Sabot. Absolute murder on coyotes out to 400yds or so. I can't remember the velocity but they were smokin.

I still have a box of the originals, 55 gr soft point.

13848D82-97C4-4F4A-8D0A-46BA992276DC.jpeg

I also have a couple of box' of them left . They are way hard to come by . You can find a few places to buy sabots and load your own if you look hard enough .

When we lived in Oregon, my best-friends dad, hunted, skinned and cured a lot of Yotes.... His caliber of choice was a 220 Swift, shooting hollow points. He wanted the bullet penetrating the hide with a tiny hole and then blowing up... not damaging the hide on the other side.

It's mine and my families choice for yotes. One of the best available for yotes imo