What is the rifle you passed by that you regret not buying

Recently a buddy put me in contact with a person that was liquidating an older gentleman's considerable collection....
the one that caught my eye was a Pre 64 Winchester 70 in 30-06, the stock was original & in pretty good shape, also had older Leupold scope, maybe original to rifle..... The serial number on the rifle indicated it was made in 1941View attachment 555503....
The guy sent me several pictures & it looked great, $1,200.00 & it could be mine, sounded reasonable to me, but not my better half who has gracefully tolerated my firearm bug for "too many years already for her", I do have to give her credit, i have several that are way more than i thought id ever own.
Since this one is clearly a collectable "want" item & not a "need" so i let this one pass......this time, lol ;)
Thats crazy. No way I wouldve passed on that. I just bought a new M70 in 7-08 for almost the same price

About 12 years ago I bought a Remington 700 CDL stainless fluted in 270 WSM. They had a clearance on the same rifle but in 17 Remington. Has a very cute very short action and price was like $400. I thought, what would I do with that. Note I wish I had it.

Years ago (about 40) I had a chance for a cased double rifle in 450 BPE by Holland and Holland and 200 rounds of Factory Kynoch ammo. I was working in the Gun Shop and this came in. Problem Just Married (1977) and expecting our first child.

In the long run my son was worth missing this purchase.

Was offered approximately 25 handguns that had been turned in to the Sheriff of Morton Grove, Illinois when they enacted their handgun ban. Sheriff was selling them out of state, wanted $3500. I was young, idealistic, didn't want to get involved. Included in the lot were several 1920-30 fully engraved, nickel plated S+W revolvers (among others). Someone ended up with those. Should have been me.

Browning Model 52 in 22LR. It was a beautiful rifle, in prime but used condition, and I hemmed and hawed over what I felt to be two high of a price, $750.00 until it was too late and someone else had picked it up. I had never seen one before that and have not seen one since on the shelf. I couldn't imagine paying $750.00 for a 22 but kick myself in the *** every time I think about it.

A few come to mind, but two stand out.

In the early'70's, I passed on a like new Remington Heavy Barrel Varmint in .222 at a good price.

In the early'2000's, I passed on another like new rifle. This time a Winchester Model 70 African in .458 Win. It could've full filled my dream of having a 458 Lott……which I really don't need! 😁 memtb