What is the rifle you passed by that you regret not buying

Absolutely it would. I'm sure if I put the word out on some local classifieds I could find one. For a hefty sum.
Potentially, although I doubt they made many in the Roberts.

I chased an abolt .243 for about 10 years before finally buying one just a couple days ago. Typically they'd sell in minutes for a high price. Any of the short action a bolts seem to move fast.

Winchester model 70 Laredo in 7mm stw with the original box for 800-900$ at a gun show 15 years ago. I couldn't get enough cash out of the ATM and didn't follow up to go buy it.

Every left hand varmint model 700 rifles and Winchester model 70 I have encountered over the years also.

Why am I getting the feeling if we all the money and bought every rifle we liked WE WOULD BE CALLED HOARDERS AND BE ON T.V, like the hoarder show ontv where are kids are cleaning out the house.
Cuz when the firearm bug bites, it bites hard & doesn't let go, lol........it has to be purged from the system with powerful
anti-firearmbiotics & even then its questionable if the purge will work.......its possible that it could be replaced with Steelhead Fishing Gear, but u gotta ask yourself, do you want to trade one addiction for the other??.....well do ya???🤭

I haven't read through most of the responses but don't doubt this has already been said. But all the military surplus guns Big 5 used to put on sale for $100 probably 20 years ago. We've got a few we bought back then but to see the prices they sell for now makes me wish we'd bought a lot more.

A Weatherby 460 sold right here on this sight. Was very interested in it and was about to purchase and discussed it with my wife and she talked me out of it. Keep in mind now that at the time I was 74 yrs old with two high powered magnum rifles already. Diddn't need it, just wanted it and regret not getting it.
You must have forgot the word INVESTMENT in your conversation with her. lol

Can't say that I regret not buying a particular firearm. Usually, I'll buy what I want & ask for forgiveness from the wife after taking possession. Made my better a half a deal many years ago, every time I buy anything of significant value she gets a check for the same value. This forces me to be picky & negotiate the best price possible on whatever it is I can not live without. She always smiles & says thank you when I make those purchasing decisions. Happy wife, happy life! 😎🤙🇺🇸

Back with the Facebook and groups to buy sell guns openly, someone had a left handed Remington 700 BDL in 338 win mag, for 575. I thought it over for a day and by the time I got back to it, it was gone.
That's a crying shame... A 338 is a good rifle to have. Around these parts not a lot of people shoot over 30 cal. so once in a while you can get a decent deal on the bigger stuff. I found a #1 in 338 win brand new years back that sat for an eternity at a lgs. I picked it up for about 1/2 price. It's got way north of 1,000 rounds through it and the bore looks perfect.

I haven't read through most of the responses but don't doubt this has already been said. But all the military surplus guns Big 5 used to put on sale for $100 probably 20 years ago. We've got a few we bought back then but to see the prices they sell for now makes me wish we'd bought a lot more.
I never did pick up any of the mil-surp guns. Now my kids are kinda into history and most of those weapons have gone up enough that I can buy newer stuff for the same money.

Not a rifle, but a pistol. Probably the biggest mistake I ever made, but hard for a college kid in 1968 to have extra cash. Union Switch and Signal 1911 in probably 80% condition for $100.00. 2nd biggest mistake, passing on a Winchester Model 54 22 Hornet with Stith mount and Lyman
Alaskan scope in 98% condition for $150.00 during that same time frame.

Piles of marlin guide guns back when they were at every gun shop used for $450. Also the ruger 77 skeleton stock rifles. They were everywhere for $400 bucks. Generally not great accuracy was likely why, so I'm astounded what they go for now. Just makes no sense.

Piles of marlin guide guns back when they were at every gun shop used for $450. Also the ruger 77 skeleton stock rifles. They were everywhere for $400 bucks. Generally not great accuracy was likely why, so I'm astounded what they go for now. Just makes no sense.
Ruger rifles are a bit odd. Usually they are a very average rifle, but once in a while you get one that's a real shooter. Both my 35 Whelen and 338 Win Ruger's are very good accuracy wise. Rarely are they just a terrible shooter. I've sent a few down the road that were just average.

Can't say that I regret not buying a particular firearm. Usually, I'll buy what I want & ask for forgiveness from the wife after taking possession. Made my better a half a deal many years ago, every time I buy anything of significant value she gets a check for the same value. This forces me to be picky & negotiate the best price possible on whatever it is I can not live without. She always smiles & says thank you when I make those purchasing decisions. Happy wife, happy life! 😎🤙🇺🇸
My wife called me at a out of town job site couple years ago and said I want a Winchester 6.8 western so I bought 3 boxes of shells and 5 days later the rifle now she lets me clean it and load for it and I bought the scope and rings !! Him something going on here