What is the rifle you passed by that you regret not buying

I must admit, being LH I check LRH, Guns Int'l & Gunbroker multiple times daily. Once stands out above all…

Bansner Sheep X - Treme ( LH ) in 300 RUM.

I have the same gun in a 300 Win., but will always regret not buying the RUM.
I wouldn't regret it. We have a pair of 300rum and a pair of 300win rifles in the house. The 300win rifles see daylight a whole lot more than the rums. You are only tossing 10% less payload to the same speed with the win with 75 to 80% of the powder burn. I actually grab my 7rum the most lately, with my Browning 300win and my 7stw getting field time too.

In 42 years of marriage my wife has never questioned me on any gun purchase. A few years ago she went to a sewing expo with her best friend and when she got home she ask me if I would help her unload the car. There was 3 big boxes in the car , she told me she had got a good deal on a new sewing machine and they knocked $2000 dollars off . when we got in the house she showed me the receipt ($10,000.00). I gave her a hug and a kiss and told her ,great deal honey your going to enjoy it and she has.

Piles of marlin guide guns back when they were at every gun shop used for $450. Also the ruger 77 skeleton stock rifles. They were everywhere for $400 bucks. Generally not great accuracy was likely why, so I'm astounded what they go for now. Just makes no sense.

Remember back in the day you could buy buckets of ruger boat paddle stocks for about the polymers cost at both auctions and gun shows. Remember buying a pile of them about 20 years ago, only wanted a 1022 skeleton for a buddy who wanted one and a 77/22 stock. Still is a bit appalling what they eventually sold for on ebay, at peak insanity I sold several on the auction sites for the price of a well optioned mcmillan....

As a side note, I've had a few rifles I'd wished I'd built before the builders passed or the donors became out of reach. Goofiest was probably the 458 and 500 b &m super shorts. I shoulda had a pair made 10 years ago when the donors were aplenty and the conversions were reasonable.

ALL those old beat up mil Mauser behind every counter in shops.
They used to be throw aways
Still have the first one I brought back from the dead!
The actions made great rifles.

My first, though not really a regret, I had a chance to buy an immaculate (relatively speaking) M1 Grand from a guy that inherited it from his Dad. It was his Dad's service rifle and had one gouge in the stock. The son knew exactly where the scratch came from and the rifle had all sorts of stories. His Dad made sure to tell him what he was inheriting. The guy was asking $500. I told him I would not buy it from him for that and that he really needs to think twice about selling or at least get serious about an asking price.

I've passed up a couple of 338's that I wish I hadn't. 13-18 lb. 338 is a dream to shoot and I really want one.

I have have many rifles that I passed buy but two from the same guy really made me wish I had bought them both .They were a weathetby V in 338-378 kt and a original 1895 Winchester in 405 win.He wanted $1500 for both and they were in super good shape .A friend bought the 338-378 kt and converted it to full 338-378 Weatherby. THAT 405 looked new so did the other one .That was in 1998 back when a dollar was worth something.
Savage Model 340 in 30-30 Winchester 🙂

In 42 years of marriage my wife has never questioned me on any gun purchase. A few years ago she went to a sewing expo with her best friend and when she got home she ask me if I would help her unload the car. There was 3 big boxes in the car , she told me she had got a good deal on a new sewing machine and they knocked $2000 dollars off . when we got in the house she showed me the receipt ($10,000.00). I gave her a hug and a kiss and told her ,great deal honey your going to enjoy it and she has.
Couple years ago I suggested my wife get a new sewing machine I figured 2500$ 12,000 $ later walk new machine and she has enjoyed it immensely

Any Browning B78... I have some and had some and was an idiot to pass on ANY! Bought my first (30-06) in the late 80's for $450 and had it rechambered to 300 H&H. It has gone back and forth between me and my brother over the years. The last time, I was having a fit of sentimentality when I found a pristeen '06 and enticed my brother with it to get the H&H back, LOL.
The one that "got away" was the 25-06... I had two of them in the 90's and sold them both off during hard economic times. Never been able to find another. If I could, my life would be complete...🤣
Example, custom 330HNH wildcat, 300H&H necked up to 338 caliber, Lilja 26" med-hvy octagon... it is the blackened case in the middle between a 375 and 300 H&H... About as much recoil I can handle without detaching my retinas.

P7280004 (2).JPGP7280005.JPGP7280006.JPGP7280025.JPGP7280029.JPG

Any Browning B78... I have some and had some and was an idiot to pass on ANY! Bought my first (30-06) in the late 80's for $450 and had it rechambered to 300 H&H. It has gone back and forth between me and my brother over the years. The last time, I was having a fit of sentimentality when I found a pristeen '06 and enticed my brother with it to get the H&H back, LOL.
The one that "got away" was the 25-06... I had two of them in the 90's and sold them both off during hard economic times. Never been able to find another. If I could, my life would be complete...🤣
Example, custom 330HNH wildcat, 300H&H necked up to 338 caliber, Lilja 26" med-hvy octagon... it is the blackened case in the middle between a 375 and 300 H&H... About as much recoil I can handle without detaching my retinas.

View attachment 556412View attachment 556413View attachment 556414View attachment 556415View attachment 556416
Had one in .22-250 the rifling was smoothing out . I didn't think
about reboring . I always wanted a .250 Savage and that would
have been the perfect platform .