What gun would you want if the SHTF?

Suppressed Ruger 10/22

In my neck of the woods, small game is much more plentiful and allows you to "eat and run" vs. being tied to a larger kill.

IMHO, if the SHTF remaining mobile and as low profile as possible will be the way to go.
This is probably the best approach for most cases. There are a lot of different scenarios that are possible, but the number that make it ethical to be picking people off at 1,500 yards with your cheytac is very small. Personally I think a suppressed AR and a suppressed 22 pistol would cover everything I could think of.

There are several addition weapons and support I would like to have:
1) .177 air rifle with several thousand pellets that can be used for small game. Quiet, accurate and effective. You can have thousands of "rounds" in one hand. Air rifles today are significantly more powerful than most realize.
2) x-bow and enough arrows and broadheads
3) compound bow ditto
4) traps for various size animals

The one common denominator I see is to have standard cartridges that allows ability to trade components with others for whatever. 30/30, 30-06, .308 (note all .30 cal). Lead bullet bullets for .30 cal rifle.

Revolver in .357Mag/.38 spl capability. Lead molds for easy component availability. Heck plenty of range brass. Common primers.

A 12 ga is nice but difficult to amass enough ammo.
This has been my line of thinking but add 22 rifle and pistol suppressors if possible.

My Glock Model 34 9mm with 115 FMJ's, my twelve gauge Mossberg 500 riot shotgun with extended tube and 00 Buck, my Wilson Combat 223 with 55 grain FMJ's and my MESA Arms 300 Win Mag with Nightforce scope for any long range shots I may need to facilitate. Not the rifle I would normally pick for my long range duties but ammo is pretty prevalent for the 300 Win mag so that's why it got the nod.

When the SHTF : What If it's your own government to seize all weapons they will use the national guard or nato troops they will move at a time when your sleeping or around 1 pm when most people are at work leavening most homes less defendable your kids at school will be on lock down and marshal law will be declared what are your chances to defend your self and family at this point from home if your not there unless national. guard members or military members warn us forehand or some one in the loop of planning. informs the people not to go to work that day and be prepared to defend your family . That's what the white house and it's regime want's to do. If you have no weapon's to defend your family what can we do when China or Russia come at us who will be the leader in the one world order then. This is just another thought. on when SHTF.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1714164066033.png
    1714164066033.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 18