What would you choose for a free gun

What you need my friend is a Remington 700 chambered in 300 winchester magnum. I have seen one hit a steel plate at one mile. Once you are done with that you need to hire me to come and help you shoot all them guns. I have cheep rates.
Now thats funny, i dont care what y'all think

mike

Im like a little kid in a candy store now. last sat. at a gun bash at my local VFD i won a gun and cant make up my mind what to pick. I can pick any gun up to $ 775.00. I currently have the following remington rifles:
223 - turkey and plinking
260-- model 7 i mainly hunt deer with
250 Savage classic- Ground hogs and deer
2- custom 257 whby's i harly ever use any more but long range cap.
currently building a 25 Bobcat ( 25 wsm )
Marlin 22 magnum
Savage 17 HMR
2 muzzle loaders
Any suggestions with what i have and my purpose what would you pick.
Mike
I would go with a savage in 308 because the selection of ammo is in large supply and everywhere. Get it with the accutrigger and later plan on a scope. This will give you the ability to reach out +- 500 meters and accurately. There is ammo by mail that I use when not reloading that will give you right at 3000fps 155grn.

Thanks everyone, i chose a 22-250 in a rem 700 ss sps, added a few dollars for a 4.5-14 lupy with varmint ret. Thanks everyone,
Mike
I would go with a savage in 308 because the selection of ammo is in large supply and everywhere. Get it with the accutrigger and later plan on a scope. This will give you the ability to reach out +- 500 meters and accurately. There is ammo by mail that I use when not reloading that will give you right at 3000fps 155grn.

You're about 14 years late to the party man.

Im like a little kid in a candy store now. last sat. at a gun bash at my local VFD i won a gun and cant make up my mind what to pick. I can pick any gun up to $ 775.00. I currently have the following remington rifles:
223 - turkey and plinking
260-- model 7 i mainly hunt deer with
250 Savage classic- Ground hogs and deer
2- custom 257 whby's i harly ever use any more but long range cap.
currently building a 25 Bobcat ( 25 wsm )
Marlin 22 magnum
Savage 17 HMR
2 muzzle loaders
Any suggestions with what i have and my purpose what would you pick.
Mike
Having the nice selection you already have, id be asking if i could apply the money to a different item.
Like an upgrade in my binoculars for example.

Well, the op was on the site yesterday! What did you get and how do you like it?
He answered half your question in post #15 back on 26 May, 2009:

Thanks everyone, i chose a 22-250 in a rem 700 ss sps, added a few dollars for a 4.5-14 lupy with varmint ret. Thanks everyone,
Mike
We'll see if he responds to how well he liked it.

For those pitching a double-rifle, he had a $750 limit. If you have a lead on where to get your proposed doubles for $750, you must share!
As I didn't get to answer this in 2009, today's answer would be the same as then….a Krieghoff Double in 470 Nitro Express! 😉 memtb

Holland&Holland double gun in .458 win mag. A new one!