If FREE to you, which one would you choose?

Everything here has a gold ring except my pistol scopes but I'd take a S&B and sell it for a pair of Golden Rings....:D

Since they came out I have chosen the Zeiss Conquest over Leupold... crisper optics to my eyes, and I just sold my last two Conquest's to fund a S&B PMII. There is a reason S&B is considered one of the best in the world, a level no Leupold approaches.
Of the choices offered in this thread, NF. I've used them too, and still better, IMO, than Leupold.
Leupold is good, but not top tier.

Since they came out I have chosen the Zeiss Conquest over Leupold... crisper optics to my eyes, and I just sold my last two Conquest's to fund a S&B PMII. There is a reason S&B is considered one of the best in the world, a level no Leupold approaches........

I got to agree with ya! Only reason I dont have an S&B is ...$$$$$. The funny part is..I CAN afford it....I just wont let myself!

Nothing seems to beat the European glass...but Lordy what a cost!!

The cost of the good euro glass is breathtaking! The Zeiss Conquest, to my eye, has really great image quality at a good price. I have an IOR Valdada I have used for over a decade that has the same glass as Swaro, and I think the Conquest glass rates right up there close to it.
I decided on the S&B only after a lot of research and discussion with a few guys who have used most of the top end scopes to an extent I will never reach. These guys said S&B is the best there is, and two builders of super accurate custom rifles told me if the client comes to the shop and has a chance to look through a few different top end scopes, the S&B sells itself every time.
Mine is going on a custom long range rifle intended for rock chucks at 1000 yards and beyond. I want the sharpest image I can get, and turrets that are absolutely precise and repeatable.

I have a buddy that has shot several world records @ 1000 bench, and he sent back a S&B and said he could resolve the target bettter with his NF Benchrest model. It is in the eye of the shooter when it comes to optics.

From what you listed NF I could care less who has a little better glass. For the LRH game the one with the best / proven turrets wins

Nightforce. If for no other reason, I like the 100moa elevation, but don't have'm because they cost me twice as much as the comparable Leupold.

S&B nevery impressed me. Glass don't seem any better than NF, many models are kinda funky lookin (like most **** from europe), expensive (like most **** from europe), and I've seen several broken S&Bs, but never seen a broken NF and only a handful of broken Lupys, and I sell Leupolds.

If you're handing them out, I won't complain about any of them.

If I'm buying and only those three are available then:

#1 - NF #2 - Greybull #3 - Huskemaw

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.