What’s the best controlled expansion bullet?

My Family, IS, very "Emotionally ATTACHED" to, Berger,. Classic Hunters, Elite Hunters and, H-VLD's as, they ARE, proven to Us, DRT "Killers" !
We only argue about, the 2 nd place Bullet ranking's and for Us,.. that's, the Hornady ELD-X's and, Nosler Partitions ( Both good, "Killers" and,.. Tied ). PS,. Nobody's, leaving their Favorite Bullet, no matter, how much, we argue,.. LOL !
There ARE, Lots of "Good" Choices, Today !

Last edited:
For an all around bullet, I like the Interlock bullets. The base holds together well, they are inexpensive, good BC in the heavy weights, and I've had good accuracy shooting them in all sorts of different rifles. I like the idea of a lead fragmenting nose with solid base but I haven't seen that type of bullet have equal or better accuracy than conventional bullets. Maybe 'we' aren't there yet on the tech and fabrication methods. Besides, other bullet types like the NPT and Interlocks do the same thing, more or less. I don't consider plain cup and core bullets (smooth jacket to lead core) to be "controlled" expansion...unless you are using speed to control them. Also, one doesn't need a controlled expansion bullet to get the job done.
We ( Friend's and Family ) shot these, in our .270's and 06's for YEAR's with, NO Problems ( Killed, very WELL ) then, the Partitions, became,.. popular !

When I say "best" I'm talking about reliable and consistent performance. Accurate when hand loaded, with enough velocity to expand at "hunting" distances. Let me know your bullet and cartridge of choice. Talking all western game here.
Cheers
Nosler Partitions all day long.

I've shot deer, elk, pronghorn, moose and sheep with Accubonds in various calibers. They have always preformed excellent.
However when they became scarce I realized relying on one bullet was a problem. I still shoot Accubonds but I have also worked up loads for Barnes ttsx and speer impacts. Don't get locked in to one premium bullet.

Myself I only shoot Cutting Edge Bullets been using them for over 12 years and have shot a lot of game animals with the bullets.....also do deer reduction shooting licensed by the State....I'am not a long range shooter much rather get as close as I can sort of like to get blood spattered on my boots from the gun shot....but I've been known to shoot several hundred yards if the need arises.....
Pretty much use 308 win. loaded with Cutting Edge Bullets 100 gr. Raptors .....most animals are ....DRT....also use there 130 gr Raptor for some of the bigger stuff....
I'm a hammer guy first with a lot of cutting edge still. I have the edge to hammer for hunting. But still like the raptor and laser.