What’s the deal with 257 Roberts

What's the deal with the shortage of 257 Roberts ammunition or brass shortage? It's been this way for 3 years
I recently rebarreled my roberts with a 20 inch shilen number 2 barrel. And shooting 92 hammer and new 95 hammer hht. Love it and recently killed a hog with it.

I have looked around for new good quality brass. Only thing I can find is nosler and don't know how good it.

I currently have some nosler,WW, and RP.

So I have the same question. Is nosler good or anyway to resize better brass

Hmmm, I haven't looked for 257 brass for a long time. I stumbled across 1,000 new pieces, Winchester in yellow/white boxes, in a garage sale, all new and unopened. Paid $50 for the lot, then as I was about to leave, a box, quite large plastic box, was pushed towards me and the lady said to have a look. It was full of other brass and bullets of varying sizes and boxes of loading dies…she said I could have the lot for $100, which I accepted. Struggled lifting it actually. Was amazed as what was in there!

Cheers.

Hmmm, I haven't looked for 257 brass for a long time. I stumbled across 1,000 new pieces, Winchester in yellow/white boxes, in a garage sale, all new and unopened. Paid $50 for the lot, then as I was about to leave, a box, quite large plastic box, was pushed towards me and the lady said to have a look. It was full of other brass and bullets of varying sizes and boxes of loading dies…she said I could have the lot for $100, which I accepted. Struggled lifting it actually. Was amazed as what was in there!

Cheers.
^
If that was me, which never happens btw, and I had any cash left, I would have immediately went and bought lotto tickets!

It's not a mainstream cartridge so not a lot of brass makers. And that nosler stuff, probably ok but pricey yes. I bought 7RM brass couple years ago because I couldn't find anything else, but when Peterson became available shortly after I bought 50 of them for about the same price. Haven't touched the Nosler yet. I've read some discussions about Nosler brass having soft case heads. I am shooting it in my 280Rem and it seems fine. I have mostly Remington brass for the 257R and some Winchester.

I bought a full case of w/w new 257 roberts brass off of gunbroker several years ago. Still working on that brass. Also made 257 roberts brass from 7 x 57 brass, and made 6mm remington brass from 257 roberts brass, so there's lots of options for 257 roberts. If I ever get too desperate, I've got about 8-9 varieties of old w/w 257 roberts loaded with the old silvertip ammunition, but I'd really hate to use any of that ammo.

^
If that was me, which never happens btw, and I had any cash left, I would have immediately went and bought lotto tickets!
I never buy lotto, that's why I had cash on me. Unfortunately, the 'garage sale' was actually the widow selling her deceased husbands goods. I only found out about a week too late that there had been lots of reloading gear, that box I had bought was what was left over that hadn't sold the weekend prior. I got a Harrels benchrest thrower in that box, amongst dies, scales and a really good set of pin gauges.

Cheers.