What’s the best deer hunting scope for under $500?

jeffreyjwilliams

Hello,
I am looking for a new rifle scope for deer hunting. Hoping to keep it under $500. I will be hunting in Texas and Arkansas. The likely range will be less than 200 yards. Most of the time we will be shooting from deer blinds. I am shooting a Tikka T3x lite in 6.5 cm. I have been checking out the vortex diamondback tactical but looking for some other options.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

jimbires

for hunting out of a blind , at 200 yards and in , you don't need tactical . there will be no need to dial , no need for side focus . I think what you need is a 3-9 that is good in low light .

I don't know what out there compares , but if Zeiss still made the conquest 3-9x40 , that would probably be an ideal scope for you . I have a few of these and use them as you are planning to . at the end they sold these for $400 .

SDPlinker

LRH Team Member

This is easier said than done but if you can take a look through a few different scopes before you purchase one that would help a lot. Everyone’s eyes are different; what looks great to me might look awful to you, and vice-versa.

By having a look through several brands in one sitting you can get a good idea of what your eye likes!

ndking1126

Vortex Razor LH on sale at Eurooptic for less than $500.
That's a fantastic deal. It says closeout, I'd buy one if I hadn't just dropped $8k on replacing an ac. No kidding, best glass by far in that price range.

After that, I'd look at a VX-3HD probably. Midway has them right at $500, buy you might do better elsewhere, not sure.

mercerbear

LRH Team Member
That's a fantastic deal. It says closeout, I'd buy one if I hadn't just dropped $8k on replacing an ac. No kidding, best glass by far in that price range.

After that, I'd look at a VX-3HD probably. Midway has them right at $500, buy you might do better elsewhere, not sure.
Agreed. The Razor LH can't be touched by anything else in the closeout price range.

The VX-3HD is a nice optic for it's price point, but it's not even close to the Razor LH.

Sockeye66

LRH Team Member
Can't argue with the Razor, but two other options are the Burris Signature HD 3-15x44, I have one on the same Tikka and like it very much and an even lower budget scope is the Diamondback HP 4-16×42 at Midway for 199 bucks. I have one of these also and for the low end optics, unbeatable IMO.

Maol

At 2-300 yards with a 6.5C that Burris would more than do. Here is a heck of a deal, a Burris Veracity (Blem) 3x15x50 Ballistic Plex FFP at Natchess.