What’s the point in slow twist?

I disagree with some of your facts. They are not losing out much in the way of money due to customers. The fact is 95% of your hunters out there are still 200 yards or less shooters. Most of those hunters will only care about the caliber and nothing else. They wont understand twist rate or what bullets to use. They will take their gun to the range with several different factory ammo choices and whatever shoots best is what they will use. Id be willing to bet long range hunting will actually shrink over the years if our country's population continues to rise like it is. I see too many ranges being closed for this very reason....land is going the way of the dodo unfortunately. Now from strictly speaking of long range hunters and shooters, then yes they are losing money but again there are very few compared to the millions of hunters who do not care. Just my two cents.
I agree completely. As a matter of fact, I've stated all this multiple times before on this very forum. Basically, your average hunter is ignorant about their equipment...And doesn't care to know. I used to sell guns, ammo, and hunting equipment, trust me, I've encountered my fair share of them. They might know how to be quit in the tree, and how to point & click (inside of 150 yards), but that's about it. And you're right about distances, I've shot deer at 200-300 yards, and the folks at the deer camp looked at me like I was Carlos Hathcock... Then when you tell them it an easy short shot and that you've shot deer at much farther distances, they just look at you like a cow staring at a new gate. o_O

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.