UPS has officially stopped shipping guns?

I tried to ship an action from my local UPS hub yesterday, and was told they no longer ship guns or gun parts from non authorized shippers. I knew they had changed policy last year, but individuals where still able to ship to FFL's. That is no more. The person at the counter apologized profusely, but said corporate UPS will hold their hubs responsible for violating policy if they ship a gun or gun parts containing a serial number. They gave me a copy of the policy and it's pretty clear they are done shipping for individuals and any business they haven't "approved ". It also sounds like the approval process is arbitrary at best. Ammo, brass and projectiles will be next I'm sure.
If you watch any TV at all seems like there's class action lawsuits for everything except wet farts! There's surely gotta be millions $$$$$ at stake for some law firm to chase for the discrimination our sports deal with!

It was a rifle action. And I was unaware that they wouldn't ship from an individual. I'm not interested in taking a chance my that my Bat Vampire action I waited 8 months for ends up in some kind of shipping purgatory.

Hmm. Interesting on part shipment of guns with serial numbers. Even just an action.
fyi

if you use pirate ship .com you can pick choose the people you want to ship products and you will find it considerable cheaper than just walking into a store and shipping it.
print the label and tap it to your box.

Shipmygun.com just shipped two rifles one this last week no problems,works perfectly. Put the label on, drop the package off, thank you! Let me guess some of you are walking in and mak8ng a big announcement, hey everybody I'm got a gun here for shipping. A stock are you kidding me? They asked you is anything in the package was hazardous, they did not ask you what was in it, my God, think about it! Your all making your own problems
Back in the middle of Dec 2022 I had a prepaid UPS label attached to a box with a Magpul rifle stock all packaged up. I stopped at my local UPS hub (think small office attached to a huge UPS building with 100+ truck bays) and when the lady asked what I was shipping I said a "stock". She and the other lady in the office said I'm sorry but corporate has changed policies and you must be an FFL to ship any firearm or firearm parts. I was rather surprised and said it's not a firearm just a stock and they pulled out the sheet and showed me the UPS policy that now states you must have an account that allows you to ship these items and are a FFL. Granted I had shipped many guns and parts this way at the same location in the past 6-7 years without issue even when they asked what I was shipping I was very upfront and said "firearm" without any issues.

So, I walked out of there with my box still in hand. I then proceeded to stop at the local "UPS Store" and handed them the same box with the same label on it. No questions asked and it arrived in a timely fashion.

So very similar instance as the OP…

Looks like I'll be checking into this shipmygun.com next time as they apparently have an account with UPS to ship these type of items.

Hmmmm.....maybe write to your congress critters and the shipping companies. Thank them for supporting the small local gun shops....their new policies are making them lots of money and it's nice we can all come together to help keep their doors open.

/sarcasm

Funny I just sent a scope to Leupold and ups said if it attaches to s firearm they will not ship it this was at my local hub.
Sometimes you have to educate them to their own rules. I had to do that with my local hub about scopes and after phone time with manager and also UPS HQ to call and tell them they accepted the scope.

For rifles or pistols Shipmygun.com is the way now. Easy and legal.

In Phoenix, we have a main UPS store downtown that will ship guns, but you have to go to them. In this State, the UPS hubs are actually structured as spectate franchises that just use the UPS name. It's crazy though, different hubs have different rules. The hub by my house won't even ship bullets, let alone barrels, stocks exc. I have had awesome luck with USPS shipping guns, and the prices seem to be more consistent.

In Phoenix, we have a main UPS store downtown that will ship guns, but you have to go to them. In this State, the UPS hubs are actually structured as spectate franchises that just use the UPS name. It's crazy though, different hubs have different rules. The hub by my house won't even ship bullets, let alone barrels, stocks exc. I have had awesome luck with USPS shipping guns, and the prices seem to be more consistent.
Check this out if cross-posting is allowed.

Yep....I see they have changed the guidelines on their website now. Following in the footsteps of FedEx.
Does anyone think subsidies they received played a role here ?
US Treasury-provided borrowing subsidies and loan forgiveness $1.0 billion in broad tax exemptions $3.12 billion in the economy of scale advantages derived from its monopoly on delivering letters The added cost of maintaining this monopoly equates to an $18 billion gift to the post office every year. There are 143 million taxpayers in the US.

Last edited:
Your all making your own problems
You kind of have a point here. BUT, if you cannot make your own shipping label, UPS counter fills it out for you. And it is sent to the name and address on that FFL, and pretty often, that name has a firearm designation in it.
A box containing a rifle usually has a distinct shape and size.
I am positive every time I drive, I break laws, yes, I am that bad and really don't care. But shipping a pistol while declaring machined parts is not where I want to be in life.