Shipping a stock- UPS/***???

I stopped by the local UPS store today for an Amazon return and ship a stock to get painted. After the return was complete, she asked for the name and address- custom gun coatings. She asked if it was a gun- no. What is it- stock only. She stepped away for about 5 minutes and came back to tell me UPS didn't ship any gun parts.

No need to argue or rant, so I left.

I had no idea UPS, or any carrier, wouldn't ship gun parts. This has to be politically motivated, right? I thought complete guns were the issue, not part. Very unfortunate and frustrating.

I stopped by the local UPS store today for an Amazon return and ship a stock to get painted. After the return was complete, she asked for the name and address- custom gun coatings. She asked if it was a gun- no. What is it- stock only. She stepped away for about 5 minutes and came back to tell me UPS didn't ship any gun parts.

No need to argue or rant, so I left.

I had no idea UPS, or any carrier, wouldn't ship gun parts. This has to be politically motivated, right? I thought complete guns were the issue, not part. Very unfortunate and frustrating.
I went through the same thing last year. Some UPS stores will some won't. USPS is the least hassle and the cheapest.

Just tell them it's a piece of wood! Or whatever material it is!
You shouldn't have to lie to ship a legal product in this country. If there are special handling requirements resulting in reasonable fees, I get it, but not because a carrier doesn't like a particular product.

They are regulated by the government so get your Congressman involved.

It's down right crazy. I like to use UPS because they never lost a package and deliver on time. Since UPS started the new system UPS stores will not accept firearms anymore.
We have THREE Business accounts with UPS.
Regular shipping
Firearms shipping
Firearms Parts shipping.
Now when I ship Firearms or Parts UPS picks up at our business and charges more to schedule a pickup even though they drive by every day.