UPS Problems

I deal with alot of parts shipments with my job, and have been told by UPS, that the tracking is a theoretical system. Meaning, it says on the truck for delivery, because theoretically that's where it is supposed to be, but in reality it's somewhere else. You aren't actually tracking your package... You are tracking where your package should be. BLOODY BRILLIANT AIN'T IT? Don't let it bother you too much, my stuff gets lost all the time, and I always end up with it eventually. I know that doesn't ease the pain of waiting... I have zero patience, and murphy's law, EVERYTHING I order gets delayed somehow, or backordered or unicorns stomp on the package. I have learned to not get excited about any of my stuff showing up.:D

One major difference between UPS and USPS versus Fed-Ex is that UPS and USPS packages are handled (and delivered by company employees, whereas, Fed-Ex is transited by and delivered by (for the most part) independent contractors who, may or may not give a hoot about how your package is handled.

I got some auto parts from Rock Auto that came Fed-Ex (via independent contractor) and when he took them off the truck, the box looked as though it was in a demolitiuon derby. I refused it on the spot whithout opening it, it was so mutilated.

Rock had to send a replacement shipment by USPS and it came intact and unmolested.

One major difference between UPS and USPS versus Fed-Ex is that UPS and USPS packages are handled (and delivered by company employees, whereas, Fed-Ex is transited by and delivered by (for the most part) independent contractors who, may or may not give a hoot about how your package is handled.

I got some auto parts from Rock Auto that came Fed-Ex (via independent contractor) and when he took them off the truck, the box looked as though it was in a demolitiuon derby. I refused it on the spot whithout opening it, it was so mutilated.

Rock had to send a replacement shipment by USPS and it came intact and unmolested.

We proly oughta stop talking about destroyed packages... The OP might be about ready to have a heart attack... :D

Anytime the human factor is involved, it's a fact of life. Thats what insurance is for. I insure every shipment I send against loss or damage, it's SOP wuth the company I own.

Sorry for the delayed update but I received my rifle Friday. :D the box was surprisingly in very good shape considering. I have been breaking the barrel in this weekend. Haven't got a good group yet , but I think that should change once I start my load development. If I can figure out how to post a pic on here I will do it.

Sorry for the delayed update but I received my rifle Friday. :D the box was surprisingly in very good shape considering. I have been breaking the barrel in this weekend. Haven't got a good group yet , but I think that should change once I start my load development. If I can figure out how to post a pic on here I will do it.

Glad it all worked out for you. Will be watching for the pictures.gun)

image.jpg

I think I got it figured out. Here are the specs.
- pierce long action
- lilja three groove barrel 10 twist sendero contour
- mcmillian a5 stock 60% tan 20% black 20% olive drab
- jewel trigger
- ptg dbm
- vias brake
- vortex viper pst 6-24 ffp scope

I have been working on my first rifle build for a little over year saving up and getting all my componets together. According to UPS tracking yesterday it was on the truck for delivery. I get to my FFL yesterday afternoon gitty with excitement to unbox my new masterpiece only to find its not there. I just figure the truck is running late so I tell him to call me if it comes in. Well this morning I check my tracking and it says the delivery is rescheduled to Monday. So I call UPS to see whats up and at first they want tell me anything, but I finally get someone to tell me that the package is in Vancouver Washington. Now I live in Louisiana and the day before it said the package was here on the truck for delivery. They tell me that there was a mistake and the package got routed to Washington some how. Well I look up to see if I can get in touch with the UPS hub in Vancouver to see if they could explain whats going on, and low and behold the 1 800 number I called is located in Vancouver Washington. I don't know how they could track the package all the way here and then it end up way up there in a few hours. I really feel like they are just stalling me cause they really don't know where the package is. Has anyone ever had a similar experience or have any advise for me. I am feeling so let down and hopeless right now. Even if they do refund all of my money it will still be a year at the earliest before I could build another one.
Yep...things can go haywire, to be sure. We have all gone through it! I,ve had all carriers do it save fed ex.