Tracking problems

March and AMG.

I've used them enough that I feel confident chalking many of these faults up to user error or poor mounting.

Chalk it up to whatever you want. Just remember, an entire military stopped using Leupold. At the price point people pay for it, with the results people are getting with a scaled target or a flat out tall target test out weighs user error and bad mounting. Bad tracking is bad tracking. Broken diaopeter is a broken diaopoter. A bad scope FOR ELR it is. For the back east whitetail deer hunter it's whatever. For the 1000y and beyond club I'll stray from leupold 100% of the time.

Chalk it up to whatever you want. Just remember, an entire military stopped using Leupold. At the price point people pay for it, with the results people are getting with a scaled target or a flat out tall target test out weighs user error and bad mounting. Bad tracking is bad tracking. Broken diaopeter is a broken diaopoter. A bad scope FOR ELR it is. For the back east whitetail deer hunter it's whatever. For the 1000y and beyond club I'll stray from leupold 100% of the time.

Not arguing. ELR is a different game than what I use these for. Truthfully, I never needed to do a target test. I zeroed at 100 and proceeded to smack plates at different distances out to 1000 yards for validation. RTZ is spot on and the adjustments have proved repeatable.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.