UPS Problems

Negative things are often measured but never the positive. If I was to reflect on the things that any of the carriers did right in the last 5 decades, it would probably be in the 95 percentile or greater, but that's just me.
I would be happy with 95% I am closer to 70ish % maybe 60%. Having 2 high school friends still to this day, one a Fed Ex lifer the other UPS to Fed Ex then out to private sector. Speaking often with the Postmaster and a family member in USPS you can be considered blessed!

I would be happy with 95% I am closer to 70ish % maybe 60%. Having 2 high school friends still to this day, one a Fed Ex lifer the other UPS to Fed Ex then out to private sector. Speaking often with the Postmaster and a family member in USPS you can be considered blessed!
Yes, I am blessed, and remind myself every day.

about 4 years ago, I tried to ship a sxs muzzle loader to a buyer in western NC, from central Eastern NC. Gun went from my hub to Texas, then to Washington and then to Oregon. Gun was then lost for 7 days and it could not be located or tracked. Then after all hope was lost, the gun delivered to the buyer, and tracking did not update until the next day that it was delivered. There was ZERO tracking or info on where the gun had been for the 7 days "lost". Gun and box arrived in fine shape.

about 4 years ago, I tried to ship a sxs muzzle loader to a buyer in western NC, from central Eastern NC. Gun went from my hub to Texas, then to Washington and then to Oregon. Gun was then lost for 7 days and it could not be located or tracked. Then after all hope was lost, the gun delivered to the buyer, and tracking did not update until the next day that it was delivered. There was ZERO tracking or info on where the gun had been for the 7 days "lost". Gun and box arrived in fine shape.
Such is very common across the board, especially with firearm related items. Labeling items as fragile draw attention also, all depends if handlers are happy that day.

My impression is bit different. Seems nobody gives a crap. I sent a package via USPS to NC, it disappeared off tracking. Nobody would help me track it. USPS BLAMED me for improper addressing with ZERO evidence of the allegation. Until I showed the moron a photo of the address label. Demanded apology, none. A POC. I again demanded an updated tracking. None. So then it comes out they USPS miscoded it and was sitting in VA. Fortunately, the manager there recoded it correctly and it got to NC after 11 freaking days. Not one gee I am sorry. What can we do to help. This is happening far too often.

I sent financial papers to a Philadelphia office overnight. Certified return everything to track it. Never got there. No tracking, how the heck is that possible with an overnight? These documents are extreme risk to me so I am chasing every lead down. So I meet with USPS PM where I sent it from and thank goodness from small PO. She called Philadelphia Distribution Center and demanded immediate FU. Well guess what? Never scanned in, thrown on a shelf for three days! It was delivered immediately.

Why? I have many more examples of nobody giving crap and thankfully found someone who did. There is no repercussion for not giving a crap. I've had carriers LIE on deliveries, caught them at it, PO PM verified they were caught lying. NOTHING happens! WHY? They would be FIRED at other jobs.

Our day to day mail is ROUTINELY put in wrong mailbox. WHY? Can the carrier freaking read?

FEDEX is another but I was able to get paid for damage to my property by one dip đź’© driver. Was told she couldn't back up so she turned around on front lawn in heavy rain storm with dually truck. Seriously, what's her IQ? 25?

Here is a novel thought: just do you freaking job! Its not that hard!

My impression is bit different. Seems nobody gives a crap. I sent a package via USPS to NC, it disappeared off tracking. Nobody would help me track it. USPS BLAMED me for improper addressing with ZERO evidence of the allegation. Until I showed the moron a photo of the address label. Demanded apology, none. A POC. I again demanded an updated tracking. None. So then it comes out they USPS miscoded it and was sitting in VA. Fortunately, the manager there recoded it correctly and it got to NC after 11 freaking days. Not one gee I am sorry. What can we do to help. This is happening far too often.

I sent financial papers to a Philadelphia office overnight. Certified return everything to track it. Never got there. No tracking, how the heck is that possible with an overnight? These documents are extreme risk to me so I am chasing every lead down. So I meet with USPS PM where I sent it from and thank goodness from small PO. She called Philadelphia Distribution Center and demanded immediate FU. Well guess what? Never scanned in, thrown on a shelf for three days! It was delivered immediately.

Why? I have many more examples of nobody giving crap and thankfully found someone who did. There is no repercussion for not giving a crap. I've had carriers LIE on deliveries, caught them at it, PO PM verified they were caught lying. NOTHING happens! WHY? They would be FIRED at other jobs.

Our day to day mail is ROUTINELY put in wrong mailbox. WHY? Can the carrier freaking read?

FEDEX is another but I was able to get paid for damage to my property by one dip đź’© driver. Was told she couldn't back up so she turned around on front lawn in heavy rain storm with dually truck. Seriously, what's her IQ? 25?

Here is a novel thought: just do you freaking job! Its not that hard!
Quite often done on purpose! Package a little too heavy it gets a drop kick, politics don't align off to another part of the country. They x ray packages too, and letters.

I have been working on my first rifle build for a little over year saving up and getting all my componets together. According to UPS tracking yesterday it was on the truck for delivery. I get to my FFL yesterday afternoon gitty with excitement to unbox my new masterpiece only to find its not there. I just figure the truck is running late so I tell him to call me if it comes in. Well this morning I check my tracking and it says the delivery is rescheduled to Monday. So I call UPS to see whats up and at first they want tell me anything, but I finally get someone to tell me that the package is in Vancouver Washington. Now I live in Louisiana and the day before it said the package was here on the truck for delivery. They tell me that there was a mistake and the package got routed to Washington some how. Well I look up to see if I can get in touch with the UPS hub in Vancouver to see if they could explain whats going on, and low and behold the 1 800 number I called is located in Vancouver Washington. I don't know how they could track the package all the way here and then it end up way up there in a few hours. I really feel like they are just stalling me cause they really don't know where the package is. Has anyone ever had a similar experience or have any advise for me. I am feeling so let down and hopeless right now. Even if they do refund all of my money it will still be a year at the earliest before I could build another one.
Well I am sorry for your problems when my new custom 375 ruger finally arrived, of course no local ammunition supply, so I ordered from buffalobore. UPS said when it was to be delivered lo and behold, delayed then, lost, I wound up finding another source that delivery arrived and about a month later my UPS shipment arrived. Since I have a UPS account I raised a stink, also have fedex for my business at any rate the boxes were damaged but the ammo shot alright. I believed at the time that they just don't give a crap if they lose stuff unless they get a complaint, I asked Buffalo bore to trace the delivery and at least I got my stuff about a month and a half late but it did arrive. Good luck

Recent Posts