UPS not honoring insurance on a firearm shipment

Did some more reading on this because I just shipped a rifle a few days ago and had to take it to an FFL, due to a lot of UPS policy changes. Now only FFLs can ship firearms and the FFL has to have an agreement to ship. Firearm cab only ship through a scheduled pick-up. I wondered why it cost me $97 through the FFL, now I know. It looks like a lot changed over the past year.

If you're reading this and a are person voting for democrats and their policies, make sure you thank yourselves the next time you want to ship a firearm or when you continue to lose a percentages of a freedom after every Democrat gets elected.

We are no longer shipping anything UPS for our auction house. They have lost, misdirected and absolutely destroyed about 30% of our shipments through them in the last three months. Getting an insurance claim is almost impossible through any of the major shipper's. Word of advice with USPS, Insure It! They tend ro "lose" packages without insurance. Here's a K31 rifle stock we shipped with UPS, looks like it was stomped on purpose. Luckily, this one made it.
Resized_20230501_172410.jpeg

I truly believe that some corporations are as bad or worse than the gub'mint. Gotta remember that in some respects the lawyers are running the show instead of CEO's.
CEOs generally do not know the core business or care to learn/understand the core business - they are bean counters, their only job is managing money

I can happily update this thread. After the UPS claims department continued to deny the claim, i filed a lawsuit against UPS and the UPS agent that accepted the rifle and charged the extra fee for damage protection. UPS paid the claim to settle the lawsuit.

Last edited:
I can happily update this thread. After the UPS claims department continued to deny the claim, i filed a lawsuit against UPS and the UPS agent that accepted the rifle and charged the extra fee for damage protection. UPS paid the claim to settle the lawsuit.
Hopefully you got paid for your legal fees as well.

Freaking crooks! 😡

I had a box of ammo get torn open and half the boxes fell out. It took 4 months and 20-40 calls/emails to get them to pay. They would say the same thing everytime…we haven't received "X" document even though I'd sent it multiple times. I told my wife I didn't care if I spent 1000 man hours on the deal, I wasn't going to give up! They eventually paid it, but it was very apparent that they play the little game of playing dumb and difficult, hoping the claimant would just give up.

Hopefully you got paid for your legal fees as well.

Freaking crooks! 😡
I am an attorney. The claim was for less than $2500 so i did not want to drag it out for legal fees. I did it pro bono for my gunsmith who is 80+. I did not like UPS taking advantage of him.
If anyone needs the complaint i prepared for use in the future please let me know.

I had a box of ammo get torn open and half the boxes fell out. It took 4 months and 20-40 calls/emails to get them to pay. They would say the same thing everytime…we haven't received "X" document even though I'd sent it multiple times. I told my wife I didn't care if I spent 1000 man hours on the deal, I wasn't going to give up! They eventually paid it, but it was very apparent that they play the little game of playing dumb and difficult, hoping the claimant would just give up.
Yes, they did the same thing with my gunsmith.

We are no longer shipping anything UPS for our auction house. They have lost, misdirected and absolutely destroyed about 30% of our shipments through them in the last three months. Getting an insurance claim is almost impossible through any of the major shipper's. Word of advice with USPS, Insure It! They tend ro "lose" packages without insurance. Here's a K31 rifle stock we shipped with UPS, looks like it was stomped on purpose. Luckily, this one made it.View attachment 467469
Looks like that item, "Click N Ship" was sent via USPS (blue eagle) vs. UPS (brown truck). Life is confusing.

Last edited:

Recent Posts