Shipping a stock- UPS/***???

He should have pulled up their website as it says it right on there that scopes are not included in gun parts. I had that fight at my UPS too and spoke to corporate and they called the local hub and explained it to them.
Yeah; completely ridiculous, glad you were able to call them out on their BS and get it shipped.

My understanding is no one without an FFL.
A few days ago I shipped a custom gun back to my smith for some work and when I took it to the pack and ship store they asked what was in it. I said it was custom carbon fiber tubing and then I had them insure it. It got me thinking about what my recourse would be if it was lost and I claimed it was a gun? I'm assuming I would be SOL but it got to the smith fine.

Now, I just got an email from my smith saying the gun is on it's way back to me, not the ffl. I specifically asked if he had to send it to my ffl again, and he said no, so it's coming right to my house. This is also through UPS.

A few days ago I shipped a custom gun back to my smith for some work and when I took it to the pack and ship store they asked what was in it. I said it was custom carbon fiber tubing and then I had them insure it. It got me thinking about what my recourse would be if it was lost and I claimed it was a gun? I'm assuming I would be SOL but it got to the smith fine.

Now, I just got an email from my smith saying the gun is on it's way back to me, not the ffl. I specifically asked if he had to send it to my ffl again, and he said no, so it's coming right to my house. This is also through UPS.
It's fine for the smith to ship your rifle back to you. It's yours already and was just getting work done.

Recent Posts