Shipping a stock- UPS/***???

I stopped by the local UPS store today for an Amazon return and ship a stock to get painted. After the return was complete, she asked for the name and address- custom gun coatings. She asked if it was a gun- no. What is it- stock only. She stepped away for about 5 minutes and came back to tell me UPS didn't ship any gun parts.

No need to argue or rant, so I left.

I had no idea UPS, or any carrier, wouldn't ship gun parts. This has to be politically motivated, right? I thought complete guns were the issue, not part. Very unfortunate and frustrating.

UPS Store is a private entity. They are NOT UPS. They may pick and choose what they ship.

Box up and take to UPS/FedEx/or USPS.

PS - UPS Stores charge MORE to ship anything than if you use UPS.

UPS Store is a private entity. They are NOT UPS. They may pick and choose what they ship.

Box up and take to UPS/FedEx/or USPS.

PS - UPS Stores charge MORE to ship anything than if you use UPS.
UPS and Fed Ex won't ship firearms or firearms parts. USPS will ship rifles and shotguns from individual to FFL but not pistols.

You can use a service like Shipmyguns.com as you are going through their FFL and UPS will ship a firearm from you to an FFL if you use them.

Not sure about Ups policies since they have changed their position on shipping firearms from individuals. But Ups stores are not always owned by corporate, most are privately owned and they can make up their own policies when I come to certain things
My understanding as well but YMMV.

OP might not have a UPS Center (depot at which Big Brown Trucks are loaded / dispatched; belongs to UPS corporate) within driving distance. I've always found the folks at mine (<10 min drive) cooperative & helpful. I bring in a boxed, sealed & labeled shipment, done at home thru my account plus the UPS app. They accept it.

UPS stores hire off the street; in my college town they tend to get young people who believe they have a better idea how the world should run & will argue about it. Counter persons at the Center tend to be a little more blue collar & in touch with reality.

Sounds like my experiences. One was a rebarreled Model 70. When it arrived from the gunsmith, the rifle was hanging out of the box and the stock and muzzle had been drug across concrete or gravel, or both. Despite the $2K in insurance, and multiple wraps of filament strapping tape used on the box, UPS decided the gunsmith and I were unable to prove it wasn't damaged prior to it being sent it to me.

Insurance is a scam.
Shipped a desktop computer from Dallas to the Tax Office in a deep West Texas county (more cows than people) in the 1990's. UPS put a forklift blade completely through the computer.

Filed an insurance claim. After hemming & hawing, UPS returned the machine to us & denied the claim. Our examination showed that the blade had somehow missed ALL the internals. We protested that the mechanical hard drive experienced shock sufficient to render it suspect; UPS still denied our claim.

Transferred the innards to a new chassis, replaced the drive, stress tested the computer. It passed so we re-shipped it. Kept the new but suspect drive for shop use. It failed within 90 days....

That was 30 years ago. At least they're consistent.

My understanding as well but YMMV.

OP might not have a UPS Center (depot at which Big Brown Trucks are loaded / dispatched; belongs to UPS corporate) within driving distance. I've always found the folks at mine (<10 min drive) cooperative & helpful. I bring in a boxed, sealed & labeled shipment, done at home thru my account plus the UPS app. They accept it.

UPS stores hire off the street; in my college town they tend to get young people who believe they have a better idea how the world should run & will argue about it. Counter persons at the Center tend to be a little more blue collar & in touch with reality.
I agree, the only reason I say some of the Usp stores are privately owned is from previous dealings with my local store. They finally informed me that they were privately owned not corporate owned.

I agree, the only reason I say some of the Usp stores are privately owned is from previous dealings with my local store. They finally informed me that they were privately owned not corporate owned.
You're correct. Most of 'em seem to be franchises and their interpretation of 'The Rulez' is very much up to them. And even to the individual counter person.

As a society, we've gone to H*ll in a handbasket.

Be glad in some strange sort of way...UPS has broken two out of three stocks shipped by them...they are horrendous at both damaging items, but also paying out the insurance on items they break. They always play the game of "Insufficient Packaging" to try and dismiss their own negligence.
Also, "IPS Stores" are indipendant franchised organizations, and each owner can determine what they will accept and not. You could try another location, or pay to have UPS come pick up the stock from your location.

I stopped by the local UPS store today for an Amazon return and ship a stock to get painted. After the return was complete, she asked for the name and address- custom gun coatings. She asked if it was a gun- no. What is it- stock only. She stepped away for about 5 minutes and came back to tell me UPS didn't ship any gun parts.

No need to argue or rant, so I left.

I had no idea UPS, or any carrier, wouldn't ship gun parts. This has to be politically motivated, right? I thought complete guns were the issue, not part. Very unfortunate and frustrating.
Use these guys when Shipping items UPS or USPS...by far the CHEAPEST shipping service around!

It's down right crazy. I like to use UPS because they never lost a package and deliver on time. Since UPS started the new system UPS stores will not accept firearms anymore.
We have THREE Business accounts with UPS.
Regular shipping
Firearms shipping
Firearms Parts shipping.
Now when I ship Firearms or Parts UPS picks up at our business and charges more to schedule a pickup even though they drive by every day.
To heck with their 3 accounts garbage...
Try these guys when Shipping items UPS or USPS...by far the CHEAPEST shipping service around!

I went through the same thing last year. Some UPS stores will some won't. USPS is the least hassle and the cheapest.
Try these guys when Shipping items UPS or USPS...by far the CHEAPEST shipping service around! Just print the label and drop off no questions asked other than I need a receipt of shipment...

UPS and Fed Ex won't ship firearms or firearms parts. USPS will ship rifles and shotguns from individual to FFL but not pistols.

You can use a service like Shipmyguns.com as you are going through their FFL and UPS will ship a firearm from you to an FFL if you use them.

Weird. One stock delivered to my doorstep last week via UPS. Another will arrive next week....via UPS as well.

USPS WILL ship a pistol to a manufacturer for repair.

Weird. One stock delivered to my doorstep last week via UPS. Another will arrive next week....via UPS as well.

USPS WILL ship a pistol to a manufacturer for repair.
To be clear--they're (UPS) still shipping if you're a licensee and have an approved account with them. So, yes, you'll still receive gun parts from approved shippers, but they are not accepting gun part shipments from non-licensed individuals anymore.