Private / non ffl persons shipping long guns???

USPS is no longer Shipping any guns, long or short, unless your an ffl. My local branch refused to take it so I called the main number and they confirmed individuals can no longer ship long Guns. Only ffl. This was inside the state of TX not even leaving the state.

Such BS.

I'm not having any problems paying and printing out shipping labels from usps.com, and dropping the box off at the local PO, then walking out the door. Package just magically makes it to the FFL I shipped it to.

USPS Shipping Restrictions from the horse's mouth or other end. Read 432.3 Rifles and Shotguns.

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm
Thanks, I printed this off and went back to the post office. Argued with the post master for about 15 minutes before he sent me packing. He did give me a manager in customer affairs number I will be calling tomorrow. I'm in Texas and shipping to another person in Texas. He kept going to the section for out of state shipping saying it had to go to ffl.

^^^^^^^^^
Can't argue with a Liberal even if you have proof in black & white. I went through that with a liberal manager at a UPS not too lately shipping some Leica Rangefinders. When I was asked about the $2K in insurance she wanted me to pay her extra $$ for them to pack. Then when I said binos with a Rangefinder another kid working there said "Oh Yea" they are used for hunting. The manager immediately told me NO SHIPPING Firearms. Could not convince her that it was not a firearm. WACO 110%. Had to go to Another UPS store to ship.
They just keep chipping away util we can't even ship or trade firearms up.
We have an FFL so can ship through the PO, but don't ship with them -don't trust. Now I can only ship UPS through a HUB or have a truck pickup. $35-40 to ship a rifle package then $22 & change to pull into my yard and another $30 for firearm pick

Now before the 2023 UPS ruling i could just drop off a firearm at a UPS Store 9 miles away, Now 2024 I have to drive 70 miles round trip to go to a ups hub or pay another $60 for truck pick up at our house.
They are pricing us out of ammo and components making it almost impossible to ship. And if you are not an FFL holder then that is much extra$$$.

This is a good one. There is an agency out west for the enviroment now moving to the east Cost. They are making a LAW that boats over 35' can't drive over 10 knots up to 100 miles off shore. They are afraid the boats will hit a Right Whale. Tens of Billions will be lost from shipping containers, fishing boats and Charters. This impact will put most Shore business out of business along with all the support business, Res truants, hotels, stores, ecct. CRAZY

Last edited: