Anyone using USPS to ship long guns? Ship my gun?

Blueridgeguy

Just wanted to see if anyone had experience using USPS to ship long guns as they still accept them from a non ffl. Prior to UPS caving to woke pressure I'd used them to ship safe queens sold on GB. Still have few I need to move to fund some optic needs. Also any experience with Ship my gun? Thanks!

It has been at least a year. I wonder what would happen if someone put golf clubs on there and insured it it on the high side?

Just curious if that is your local UPS store or what, the policy online does not say that?

Years ago I went around and around with a UPS STORE owner finally after showing her in print the real rules, she said in a Karen voice I am the store owner and its "my" policy. I left went across the street and mailed them from a different company.

I shipped two rifles earlier this year because of ups and FedEx change of policy, I went down to our main usps facility to ask questions as I was a bit skeptical, talked to the head guy, yep, he says, don't mark the box, send it priority with signature required, don't tell the clerk what's in it. One rifle went to Wisconsin, other to Arizona, both arrived within 3 days, very hassle free. Anymore, there isn't one carrier out there that doesn't get hit by theft so you're taking a chance with any of them

Now you have to set up an "account " to ship firearms with UPS and you have to have an ffl on it. Photo is excerpt from their requirements.

Attachments

• IMG_5473.jpeg
    IMG_5473.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 15
Within the last couple years, the last 2 years or so, all of the main shippers have been rewriting policies to eliminate unlicensed people from shipping. I would guess they are working in "partnership" with the ATF, but who knows.

This has been done "together" …. Which any normal government would consider anti-competitive and an "infringement", but cannot be seen that way by the current government. We are in dark days. It is probably easier to ship a handgun within Venezuela right now.

It has gotten so tight you cannot even ship a cap and ball revolver. You can receive it by standard mail or UPS though as an unlicensed person.

WHY?
You know why. Blocking interstate commerce by policy is "sort of" legal(but really very illegal) gun control.

WILL THIS START A CIVIL WAR?
Probably not.

Based on today's news, I would call it not effective, but there has been no factual information about the incident 4hrs after….still working on the story and talking points, I would guess. Even with a complete absence of facts, they have allowed 3-4hrs of anti-gun drivel to spill out saying that is the solution. Thank goodness ISIS claimed responsibility for the Iran bombing….that will cutoff the next 4 hrs of antigun BS since there is a little news to cover.

Just curious if that is your local UPS store or what, the policy online does not say that?

Years ago I went around and around with a UPS STORE owner finally after showing her in print the real rules, she said in a Karen voice I am the store owner and its "my" policy. I left went across the street and mailed them from a different company.
She was not a Karen. She was correct. UPS stores are not UPS. They are independent owned franchises. Inherently, they do not qualify as shippers. They are only agents of the shipper.

Legally, they cannot accept possession of a firearm.

She was not a Karen. She was correct. UPS stores are not UPS. They are independent owned franchises. Inherently, they do not qualify as shippers. They are only agents of the shipper.

Legally, they cannot accept possession of a firearm.
Trust me she was! She might have been correct but she lost her **** in the store and made a scene. Great way for the owner to act.

Last edited:
I've shipped a rifle two different times through USPS since FedEx and UPS got scared into not doing it for non FFLs. It went fine.

There was a local guy I know who had trouble at one of the Post Office but when he went to a nearby town they shipped it for him.

I did search and found the policy on their website?
Sorry, if you search this forum there are dozens of threads covering shipping and issues people have had and how they resolved them. I posted a similar thread for you from two days ago. No big deal was just trying to help you find more information.