Took some borescope pics

I still maintain carb cleaner allowed to soak softens carbon for easier removal. For stubborn carbon, I still use CLR but do no let it soak, it also softens carbon. Only used on stainless barrels though.

Cheers.

I sure wish I knew what is in Free All spray as I would by just that additive as it really melts carbon.You still have to scrub but it works big time.Big improvement over the stuff I was using.
I had poor results with PB Blaster, so after reading your post on Free all, thought I'd giver a whirl before I pony up the price of Kroil. Much, much better results with this product.
Sure does stink, tho!! Smells a lot like lacquer thinner, to me. It's oily, tho, so it ain't lacquer thinner!

I still maintain carb cleaner allowed to soak softens carbon for easier removal. For stubborn carbon, I still use CLR but do no let it soak, it also softens carbon. Only used on stainless barrels though.

Cheers.
I found CLR does melt carbon. It also changed the complexion of the stainless steel I tried it on. Does it not do this on your stuff?

I've seen no difference, but I put it in with a patch, scrub and then wipe it out and neutralise immediately. Followed straight up with JB Bore Paste.
The only stuff I have ever seen dull a barrel is Sweet's 7.62.

Cheers.
Oil to nuetralize?
I don't use Sweets much, either.

I had poor results with PB Blaster, so after reading your post on Free all, thought I'd giver a whirl before I pony up the price of Kroil. Much, much better results with this product.
Sure does stink, tho!! Smells a lot like lacquer thinner, to me. It's oily, tho, so it ain't lacquer thinner!
Greg C I used to do all gun cleaning in the basement but the stinky stuff got me in trouble with the wife so I'll take it outside to the garage.
Since using Free-All I have found that carbon and copper layer on top of each other and after removing carbon I find more to remove a layer of copper.Beware of that as I cleaned a rifle almost all day due to multiples of layers.That rifle shot lights out for years after I figured that out.
As far as sweets,my wife says that's the worst smell I ever brought into the house except when I put skunk cover scent on for a real hard hunt.
I had to throw those pants away!

Oil to nuetralize?
I don't use Sweets much, either.
I use Shellite to neutralise most solvents except those like Sweet's which I use Methylated spirits on. I am unsure what Shellite is called is called in the US, but it's also known as White Spirits.
Isopropyl works too, but the cost is far greater than Methylated sprits.

Cheers.

17087937366607945786507129167696.jpg

Wow! Never saw this coming! Free all, brushed Boretech CU+2.