Some pics of stuff and targets

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Sorry if this is boring to some of you guys but I just figured out how to post pics and I thought you all might get a kick out of seeing our shooting pics like I enjoy seeing all of yours. me and BJ (Bill Bailey) went and shot this morning before work and shot some decent groups. The first two are groups I shot a 400 and 500 yds.
targets002.jpg

targets003.jpg

The next two pics are of two groups that BJ shot at 400 and the 500 yds. He beat me today but he still hasn't beat my .8 inch group a 400 yds.
targets005.jpg

targets.jpg

These last few are of BJ shooting his new 300 rum that he can't get to shoot for sh!+.
shootingstuff5-19-05004.jpg

This last one is a pic of our redneck shooting range. The targets are staggered from 100, 250, 400, and 500 yds.
shootingstuff5-19-05003.jpg

We use my pickup as a mobile shooting rest and it works pretty decent, even though its hard as hell on your elbows. I just thought you all might enjoy these pics and maybe have something to say about them or have some of your own to show.

Thanks
Steve Elmenhorst (Lerch)

I feel sorry for the varmints in your neighborhood.

If you are interested - there are elbow pads made for indoor volleyball players that would work just great and they are not slippery and hard like rollerblade elbow pads. They are flexible and would stow with your earmuffs and gear.

Pictures rock.

Ya know, if you didn't limit the people who can use your range to just rednecks you might find someone who would let you use their shooting bench and those lousy Ultra Mag groups might tighten right up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I always find shooting groups off a car hard because they are always moving in the wind.

Steve,

Nice shooting, especially with a 22-250 at that range. I suspect you two will not have a problem with your 270's.

One little tip on a mobile shooting rest. IT looks like your truck is a full size. Take a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" plywood or pressed board and cut it to length to stretch across your bed rails.

Then take two lengths of 2x4 and on one side of the sheet screw them on so they form an X on the bottom side of the board. Allow there to be roughly 6" from the tips of the X to the edge of the board. Drive the screws from the opposite side of the board into the 2x4s.

Postition on the bed of the truck and clamp in place when you get to the range with soft jaw clamps.

Then you will have a shooting rest that will be roughly semi-standing height and with X on the bottom will offer cross support so the board does not flex as much.

I did this to my S-10 and have it bolted on the truck. Makes a great shooting platform and is totally mobile and much easier on the elbows I assure you.

The only issue to rock solid stability in my area is if the wind is blowing hard and the truck is rocking. This takes about a 20 mph wind though.

My smaller S-10 did not need the cross supports on the bottom and I am able to shoot using my 15 lb front mechanical rest, a 10 lb rear bag and even my 36 lb 50 bmg with great results. Normal rifles are not even a stress on the board as far as weight is concerned.

Withthat new truck I would recommend clamping the rest on the bead rails and removing when not in use. Only takes a couple minutes at the most for set up.

Also makes chronographing easier on a tripod.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.