Borescope for Christmas

This is my New Haven Win 70 Classic Stainless in 375 Bee, it shoots excellent and is very smooth, although it has some pitting near the muzzle.
I can't figure out how to post videos.
44EA9BF9-6C18-492E-A774-7CD6CA450697.jpeg

Cheers.

Daughter bought me a Teslong for Christmas. Shocking how bad the inside of my Sendero's barrel is. Chamber isn't any better. Rifle shoots great, but wonder how much better it could be? Chambered in 300 Winchester Magnum.
I bought myself a Teslong for my birthday last year and am simply amazed at how well it works especially for the price. Once I bought it I checked the barrels on each and every rifle and pistol/revolver I own. Lead as well as copper buildup in my .22 rifles and pistols, which along with my center fire rifles was absolutely eye opening. My cleaning regimen changed drastically and in all cases group sizes shrunk significantly simply because the rifle bores were clean, no lead or copper fouling. My 300 WM went from groups well over 1 MOA to groups 1/2 to 3/4 MOA simply by removing the copper fouling. The Teslong uses a computer even a smart phone to allow you to see the interior of your bore and even take pictures. While you can play with a lot of things while trying to shrink group sizes a clean bore will help out more than you think. No, I don't own stock in Teslong, I simply own and love it. So will you.

That's a great gift! The key is to not get too critical on what the chamber and bore look like but rather use it if accuracy starts to degrade or velocity changes quite a bit.
That's the approach I've taken too. I bought the Teslong and was impressed with the images I got for the little money spent. Unfortunately it also gave me never-before seen images of the inside of my 50+ year old 6.5-06 bore. Yech ! I did some extra cleaning and soaking with Bore Tech and some other products and never could get it to look clean (by boroscope standards anyway). For most of my life, inspecting the barrel meant putting a piece of white paper at one end and shining a flashlight on it while looking in the barrel at the other end. Ignorance is bliss. But the bottom line is that my 6.5 still shoots **** accurate so, I'm OK with it, ugly or not.

Daughter bought me a Teslong for Christmas. Shocking how bad the inside of my Sendero's barrel is. Chamber isn't any better. Rifle shoots great, but wonder how much better it could be? Chambered in 300 Winchester Magnum.
Its sure a good tool. But it can make you over think and over clean.
Never go into battle with an untested gun..Or a newly cleaned one.

A perfect example of information not needed and proves once again reality is nothing like the books and wizards say it has to be. A good tool for helping to determine specific problems and also high potential to create problems that really don't exist.

Radiologist told me one time if you started imaging everyone there would be all kind of stuff that initially looks scary turn out to be nothing. My wife had some random spots on her liver they picked up on a scan and ran all kind of tests only to find out they are some harmless hemangiomas. Same could be said about bore scopes. Unless there is a real problem with the bore and accuracy, don't worry about it.

I have had a Hawkeye for many years….the sole reason was to check the transition from chamber to rifling after my chambering work. Sometimes no amount of careful planning ends up without burrs.
I bought the Teslong because it was cheap and it had the flexible probe…will be buying the rigid probe and 5" screen version shortly.
This is so I can use it in the field, something I cannot do with the Hawkeye.
I like to check my barrels after I clean them…it has never changed the frequency at which I clean, but tells me if what I am doing is working.

Cheers.