Borescope for Christmas

AKBman

Daughter bought me a Teslong for Christmas. Shocking how bad the inside of my Sendero's barrel is. Chamber isn't any better. Rifle shoots great, but wonder how much better it could be? Chambered in 300 Winchester Magnum.

It will surely change your cleaning regimen and you will probably add some Isso paste to clean that carbon ring in the throat.

You are in trouble now!...
Seriously, I think it is a good tool. I use mine to make sure I do not have copper or carbon buildup. Also, I would not buy another USED rifle without it.
Enjoy!

I now have both a Teslong flexible and my original Hawkeye.
I am surprised at the quality of the image of the Teslong…so I am buying the rigid version with the 5" display.
The Hawkeye is getting very old and takes quite some time to start giving me good images, it may need a service and good clean.
Anyway, I have a new 338WM sitting on my bench, and WOW….I have never seen such deep machining marks.
I don't understand how a button/broach can leave so much chatter, didn't think it was possible. If I could post a picture, I would….if someone can tell me how, I will.

Cheers.

I now have both a Teslong flexible and my original Hawkeye.
I am surprised at the quality of the image of the Teslong…so I am buying the rigid version with the 5" display.
The Hawkeye is getting very old and takes quite some time to start giving me good images, it may need a service and good clean.
Anyway, I have a new 338WM sitting on my bench, and WOW….I have never seen such deep machining marks.
I don't understand how a button/broach can leave so much chatter, didn't think it was possible. If I could post a picture, I would….if someone can tell me how, I will.

Cheers.
Is it a Savage ? Savage barrels look like the button rattled all the way down but they sure do shoot well, they just look bad. A while back Alex Wheeler posted pictures of a barrel and the comments ranged from pipe wrench to tomato stake. He later stated that the barrel had just set a new world record so looks can be deceiving.

I believe Savage has incremental movement of the button vs a steady feed rate for the full length.

b.jpg

Last edited:
I believe they have incremental movement of the button vs a steady feed rate for the full length.

View attachment 323903
Exactly ! This is why barrel break in is recommended, to smooth some of this out instead of layering more and more copper on it.. I don't know how a jacket can make it out of this barrel in one piece but they do.