Tipped Hammer Bullets?

Ive had good success with the hammers. I don't really need the highest BC bullet as I only shoot game at a maximum of 500-600 yds. But with that said, I'm waiting for the release of these bullets before I place my next order. If the performance on game is still good and a higher BC, why not have both? I need all the help I can get.

I have been shooting Hammer Hunters for about 4 years now with excellent results on game. With that being said the BC in my rifles seems to fall short of the advertised BC. I have always thought about a tipped Hammer to fix this just figured why would they change what works so well. My main Hunting rifle is a 7 RUM and it loves the Hammer Hunter line, however I have moved on to the 145 Cutting edge Lazers in this rifle to pick up the BC, they are very fast, flat, and very accurate at longer ranges. I am very happy that we have so many choices and if Hammer does a tipped hunter I will certainly try them. Cheers, Jason

So is it really the BC? Or is it the "pretty factor"? How many would actually take advantage of the BC increase versus who will buy it for wow factor?

Hmmm, what color or what material should the tips be? I am thinking "real gold" to become the "gold standard? 😂 Let's get some really cool colors instead of white, red 🤮. Flo orange? Flo chartreuse? Flo pink?

Now if the tip heats up and sheds the color as part of the trail like tracer 🤩!!

So is it really the BC? Or is it the "pretty factor"? How many would actually take advantage of the BC increase versus who will buy it for wow factor?

Hmmm, what color or what material should the tips be? I am thinking "real gold" to become the "gold standard? 😂 Let's get some really cool colors instead of white, red 🤮. Flo orange? Flo chartreuse? Flo pink?

Now if the tip heats up and sheds the color as part of the trail like tracer 🤩!!
Who cares the color. It can be transparent for that matter. Just would want the BC to kick up. We are in the era of flat, longrange.

In the world of longrange hunting I think BC is very important! I hunt country that is vertical steep with many cross canyon winds that are very tricky to judge. I never want to have to shoot an animal twice if I can help it and the wind for me is hardest to judge where the animal stands. I suppose if I hunted flat ground with consistent wind direction it wouldn't matter as much. At 900 yards in my rifle the 143 HH had a corrected G7 BC of .230, at 900 in my rifle with the 145 CE Lazer the corrected G7 BC is .288, both are very near 3600 fps mv. If you put those numbers in your ballistic pipe and smoke it you will see the difference. cheers, Jason

How many would actually take advantage of the BC increase versus who will buy it for wow factor?
No more or fewer than benefit from the fancy new ELD-X tip or the factory pointing on Bergers. I look at it as a paper spec boost to something that gives me the excellent terminal performance that I want.

Since the new tipped version won't have a hollow point to hold the machine oil that creates the infamous "Hammer Trails; I hope Steve & Brian are working on a tracer feature for the new bullets. 🤔 🤔 🤣 🤣
Just drill two small holes at the bottom of the meplat to let it fly.

When I go to choose a bullet, I already have in my mind what my max range is for hunting. 800-900 is my max. All I care about is velocity for proper expansion. The hammer hunter bullet that I use right now gets me out to 800 yards with the cartridge that I use. If they put a tip on it and give it more of a boa tail to increase the BC and it gets me another 100 yards…why would I not go to that bullet?

I just wanna know the time frame on the tipped bullet coming on the market.
You and many others. Still under testing as far as I know. Has anyone actually confirmed it's tipped? I would think it will be to get a higher BC. But I haven't heard/read anywhere that it will be tipped. Hammer bullets and the testers have done a good job of keeping us in suspense.