Tipped Hammer Bullets?

Heard a rumor Hammer may put a tip on their bullets. Any truth to that or just misinformation?

It appears likely to me. The demand for a higher BC Hammer hunting bullet has been around for quite some time. They are currently testing their latest prototype bullet, which probably has a polymer tip of some sort.

tim meadows weed GIF

John C Reilly Reefer GIF

Why wait. Badland Precision "Bulldozer" had them for some time now. Here is a before & after of their 6.5 125gr I took my elk with this past year. Aluminum tip, not plastic. Recovered bullet after passing at an extreme angle from way behind the left shoulder, breaking two ribs going in. Then angled across & thru complete penetration of the right shoulder. Stopping just under the hide.

Attachments

• Elk 005.JPG
    Elk 005.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 194
Gday
The bc obsession continues
Yep I'll eat some crow now
Bc to me was basically useless
It gives you all the good numbers I get that & overall only increases your impact velocity which can help your terminal advantage I also get that but it never promoted good mechanics
So yes I get the bc thing but then we enter the full terminal results & this prototype pill has got me searching for some recipes for crow but for now I'm settling for this
87F82184-3057-488F-9855-3A1CFBCF5AC2.jpeg

Cheers