Swift Scirocco VS Nosler Accubond & Elk

Big whitetails in MN and WI go 225-250lbs, NOT field dressed. Corn and bean fed.
Montana is another one with heavy whitetails but on a different note, I guided in Oregon for 40 years for the big Roosevelt elk and trophy Blacktails. Everything you read about blacktais days a good buck will field dress around 120lbs. BS. We've taken many that field dressed north of 200 and my pops and I killed several that field dressed 240 and up. 2 were weighed by the Oregon Fish and Wildlife and they were 248 lbs and 256 lbd skinned, in the quarters with head and neck removed. Those were toads! Different environments and feed cause different growth rates.

Probably Texas...they raise the little 250s...in Alberta, Canada....we don't shoot those " Little Ones" 🤣
Northern Indiana and southern Michigan will get you 250# dressed deer. Dressed deer over 200# very common. All on private mostly though I killed my 2nd biggest scoring buck (156 7/8) on public land in 2019 that dressed 220. He lived 75 yds or less from a parking area. Corn and soybean deer in private get the groceries and lack of pressure that gives them the time to grow.

We run protein feeders from March to September. Between the MS River and its levee.

We either get flooded or burn up in drought most years, it's the only dependable way we can get protein in the deer. And it works, especially when they start on it in utero.
Clover and beans are grown when Mother Nature allows.
Mature deer used to average probably 170 prior to the feeding program.

We run protein feeders from March to September. Between the MS River and its levee.

We either get flooded or burn up in drought most years, it's the only dependable way we can get protein in the deer. And it works, especially when they start on it in utero.
Clover and beans are grown when Mother Nature allows.
Mature deer used to average probably 170 prior to the feeding program.
Ya just gotta teach them to eat venison! 🤣😅

Maybe British Columbia but even then would be like a winning lottery ticket lol
My buddy kills one or two each year on his farm in ND. I've seen the pics. This year most likely to be more as they got a ton of rain at the right time. I'll be shooting one with my bow the end of September, I'll post pics! (How's that for overconfidence) Here in Arizona, 100 lbs is a good Coues buck.

This is from last night in backyard. Two will prob push 200 by Oct. Sway belly slobs!

IMG_0849.jpeg

I've probably killed 100+ big game animals with the Accubond bullets over the past 25 years. 140s out of the 270. 160s out of the 280 AI and 180s and 200s out of the 300 win mag. Deer, hogs, bear, elk. 40 yds to 780 yds. Never had a failure. All functioned perfectly and all the animals died quickly. If they shoot out of your rifle I wouldn't hesitate to use them. Fantastic bullet.

I've probably killed 100+ big game animals with the Accubond bullets over the past 25 years. 140s out of the 270. 160s out of the 280 AI and 180s and 200s out of the 300 win mag. Deer, hogs, bear, elk. 40 yds to 780 yds. Never had a failure. All functioned perfectly and all the animals died quickly. If they shoot out of your rifle I wouldn't hesitate to use them. Fantastic bullet.
^^^^^^^ This sums it up well. The 200AB @2950 out of 300WM is pretty much classic load for anything. Accurate, great terminal performance and reasonable pricing. If you can find them under today's crazy circumstances.

Funny - someone responded to a two year old thread and boom here we go! :) lol

all relevant comments and experiences, i have my personal preference but I'm sure the two manufacturers in this debate don't need much defense. Both outstanding bullets and yes i've had some accubonds come apart at close range in high velocity rifles such as 257 weatherby. I have not had a scirocco do that which is even lighter and faster? A freak accident, who knows moving object at extreme speeds hits the right about of resistance, i'm sure there's a science equation for it. Now having said that i've had the same bullets at distance perform equally? Makes sense to me, long story short i'm more on the velocity side of things in scirocco's are slightly smaller 10-20 grains than accubonds in same calibers, so if they perform equally and run faster (all things consider equal) I shoot them. But wouldn't hesitate to shoot either one in reality,

Recent Posts