Accubonds vs Swift Scirocco II

Accubond
MY buddy just shot a large mullie at 740 yards with a 270WSM pushing a 140 gr accubond
Recovered the bullet it now weighs 120.5 gr which is 86% weight retention

Which bullet is the best for hunting 300 pound Canadian whitetails?gun)
I dont think either one would be a bad choice. I have heard the scirocco causes more fouling do to the jacket being pure copper. I am seeing more guys using the accubond over the scirocco. I dont think the accubond will dissapoint you at all.

Such a wide open question. What caliber? What rifle? How far you going to shoot?

Generally I think the Swift is a better hunting bullet. Some rifles do not like them. Most rifles seem to like the AB. In some cals the Swift has the higher bc offering and vise versa. I think both bullets are of good quality.

Don't know if I am helping or not.

Steve

I have never used the swift bullets but I killed 4 deer from 98 to 275 yards with the 130 gr Accubond from my 264 Win mag last season and they were dead before they hit the ground. I did recover one bullet. Bullet left the muzzle at an average of 3350 fps and stuck a buck at 111 yards on the edge of the left front shoulder as it faced me at a slight left shoulder angle. The bullet destroyed the shoulder made soup out of the vitals and I found it in the right ham when cutting up the meat. The bullet was a text book mushroom and weight was 87 grs. For a bullet to be going that fast, had to still be going around 3200 fps, and do what it did and still hold together. It has to be a good bullet. It is very accurate also.

I mainly shoot accubonds but I do have a 7mm mag that shoots the accubond and the scirocco into tiny little groups, both loads are the same and the OAL is the same and all the bullets pretty much go into the same hole. From what I have seem they perform the same. I have taken several whitetail with each, and not had any issues. I think the cost is about the same as well, you get 50 accubonds for $25-30, and you get 100 scirocco's for $50-60.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.