150 Scirocco vs 160 accubond

After shooting all 3 bullet designs, the Barnes Tripple shock is the one to beat.

I shot 2 bears in British Columbia last month. One was taken with a shoulder shot from my .06 using the 168 Tipped Triple Shock. Stuffed this bullet over a max charge of Reloder 19. Shot wasn't far, but I couldn't see any remarkable difference in its performance v. the 180 Accubond, which was used to kill the other bear, also a shoulder shot.

One bullet you didn't mention is the new Nosler E-tip. I have a batch of those that I also plan to play with in my 270 Allen Mag.

I shot the 150g first generation Scirrocos in my 7 Mag, with 3/4" accuracy with extreme terminal ballistics on deer.

I shoot the 140g Accubonds in my 7 Mag and my Custom 7 STW. I seat the bullets to touch the lands. Accuracy with these bullets are fantastic to say the least.

I get 4x the copper from the swift bullets compared to the NOsler.

FUnny thing, no one mentioned the Barnes Tripple Shock. These bullets are un-godly accurate and copper foul less than the nosler bullets.

I and my buddies have killed 40+ head of deer with the 140g Tripple socks in Rem and custom rifles in 7 Mag an 7 STW's. Massive damage on deer with complete penetration on any angle shot.

After shooting all 3 bullet designs, the Barnes Tripple shock is the one to beat.

I had pretty good accuracy with teh tripple shocks in the 140 3/4 inch at about 3350 with H4831. I never used them heard they werent opening up on game so i got nervous and quit experimenting with them. But i had the opposite experience with the fouling. A ton more with the TSX. So much more i had to clean between every 4 ronds or so. What load were u using with these? Plus anyone try the tipped TSX or the MRX. I was wondering if they tipped it to help with expansion

Plus anyone try the tipped TSX or the MRX. I was wondering if they tipped it to help with expansion

See my post above.

As far as the regular TSX, well, I cannot comment on ranges beyond 380 yards with any that I have used. However, inside of that distance, I have killed mule deer in Wyoming, Colorado, antelope in WY, whitetails in MO, KS, SC, and KY. I used 168 TSX from my 30.06, 130s from my 270s and in another 270 rifle, the 110s. All tags were filled and all animals dropped. The new tipped tsx certainly has a wider hollow point under it and expansion should be perfect.

I have over 1000 various TTSX bullets ready to load.

Oops should of moved the screen over. Yeah i may go back to working on these. The guy who built my gun did mention in his opinion the 140 would be best out of my gun and with the added fps should definitely open up. Did you find the tsx's liked a little more jump then say the accubonds. If memory serves me i think i quit with them about .025 off but started about .05 off.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.