Swift Scirocco VS Nosler Accubond & Elk

Terminal performance? What? Close to Moderate range? Huh?
Terminal performance is excellent. Dime size hole in and half dollar size out. Farthest I shot game was mule deer at a little over 250 yards and he only went 20 yards.

Attachments

• D32A81B7-D485-4A91-B0B6-7DE352F19D5E.jpeg
    D32A81B7-D485-4A91-B0B6-7DE352F19D5E.jpeg
    772.8 KB · Views: 24
I meant the newer bullets compared to your Interbonds. Some important considerations seemed to take a back seat in this day and time
Sorry I misunderstood you.
I am a person that doesn't like change. I am shooting the same bullets that have worked for me for years. Although I did try some hammer bullets from my 223.
Haven't seen a reason to try any new sexy trendy bullets for hunting yet.

I give thumbs up to the accubonds, I have lots of experience killing animals with them in several calibers. They have never failed to perform as expected over a variety of ranges both close and far. If you choose to use them, they will perform well if you do your part of the equation. Long live the accubond! I have very limited experience with the Sirocco. But the 6mm I was loading it for at the time did not seem to like them. Good luck

Several years ago I talked to Bill Hober (president of Swift) and asked about using the Scirocco on elk. As I recall, his response was that an elk was the largest animal it should be used on and the feeling was that it really wasn't built for elk, but smaller critters. At longer ranges where it's slowed down a bit, it might be a better choice. I haven't shot the Scirocco, but my general understanding is that the Accubond will tend to hold together better. There is now the Scirocco II, I believe, and this redesigned bullet sounds like it may perform better on larger game than it's predecessor. Call Bill and ask him. Probably the better choice out of a factory 300 WM would be the 200 Accubond (AB) for elk. That should hold together better and hit with more authority if the powder is well matched to the bullet and rifle than either of the 180's mentioned. Good luck!
I have shot the 300 WM for a number of years. 180 gr Nosler
BT with H-1000, mag LRPrimers. Have Dropped Elk from Aprox 75 yds out to Aprox 800 one shot one kill. None have Ever walked more than a Very few ft. Wound have been very Deadly, with most never recovered,or in just a very few pieces. Much the Same with my "lowly" 270 win. Out to Aprox some 400 yds! Only difference, powder and Prime. But same Bullet type, same kill Rate! For me, nos Blis Tip's just work!

I shot Interbonds as well for years and loved them. ****ed me off when Hornady decided to stop making them. I liked them every bit as much as the Accubond.
I bought 2 boxes of 25 cal interbond for my 25-06. Shot up a whole box trying to find a combination to make them shoot less than 1 1/2" groups at a hundred. Never found it, so I sold the other box. I get less than excited about anything Hornady anymore. I use their brass in my rcm's because I have no choice.

I bought 2 boxes of 25 cal interbond for my 25-06. Shot up a whole box trying to find a combination to make them shoot less than 1 1/2" groups at a hundred. Never found it, so I sold the other box. I get less than excited about anything Hornady anymore. I use their brass in my rcm's because I have no choice.
I tried to force a 280 Remington to like 160 grain grand slams for a elk hunt. The hunt ended well but I was using 168 grain Berger bullets instead of the Speer.
The rifle is always the boss when it comes to bullets.