Do you shoot suppressed?

• Total voters
I put a 6 inch Gunwerks on my Mark V 6.5 RPM. It is a pencil barrel and still shoots quite well. I haven't put one on a rifle yet and had it mess up accuracy. I haven't put one on a rifle yet that already has an established load though. I have worked up each rifle with the suppressor on. This last trip to Africa we bought suppressors there to put on the rifles that we developed here with the Gunwerks suppressors. They all shot just as well but needed a change on the zero.

Got my first suppressor last December. Don't really care to shoot a rifle without a suppressor on it anymore. I'm going to shorter and shorter barrels to make it carry better with suppressor. Here's a 17" 6.5 prc shooting 140 bergers 2820fps
D01A8F46-DBC8-4EA4-A41A-480EEB239914.jpeg

I'm thinking my next build will be a 338 WM with a 22 inch barrel, suppressed. Should I go 20 inches?
I'd go 20". Wouldn't even be scared to go 18" if suppressor can handle it. 338 rcm gets 2700fps with a 225 grain out of a 20" barrel

Got my first suppressor in August 2021, a Surefire SOCOM which attaches to a Surefire muzzle break on my rifles. This setup is very effective at sound suppression and recoil reduction. On my lighter profile barrels there is a significant POI change when the suppressor is attached. On my varmint profile barrels the POI change is negligible. Once you get a suppressor you will probably no longer like to shoot without a suppressor.

Not sure how effective it is, but there are supressors like Rugged that can actually go over a brake. Are you aware of those?
All my Thunderbeasts (Ultra 9, Ultra 7, Dominus) thread on over a TBAC CB (compact brake). But, if you thread a suppressor over a brake, you negate most of the effects of a brake. Plus, some brakes are far more effective than others by design.
Here is my 20" 6.5SS with the CB and no suppressor threaded on for reference.
20201227_123521.jpg

All my Thunderbeasts (Ultra 9, Ultra 7, Dominus) thread on over a TBAC CB (compact brake). But, if you thread a suppressor over a brake, you negate most of the effects of a brake. Plus, some brakes are far more effective than others by design.
Here is my 20" 6.5SS with the CB and no suppressor threaded on for reference.
View attachment 404877
Very nice rig