Scratching My Head

A roll of poly coated butcher paper is what I've used before but you need a backer like cardboard for it to mount on. Mount it with thumb tacks/pushpins. I have several large pieces of cardboard from large boxes in the garage waiting to go shoot with.
Poster Board from Wallyworld or DG works just fine too.

A roll of poly coated butcher paper is what I've used before but you need a backer like cardboard for it to mount on. Mount it with thumb tacks/pushpins. I have several large pieces of cardboard from large boxes in the garage waiting to go shoot with.
you ever get to a big box store , look for the rolls of that heavy heavy paper for putting over new wood floors in new homes, you need a box cutter to cut it, holds up well, I have the same thing in my shop, lots for giant pieces of cardboard from shipments.

I use real estate signs for target stands (purchased at estate sales). Mount cardboard, and cover with butcher paper. You can buy butcher paper in bulk and the bright white makes it easy to spot your bullet holes. If you don't want to invest in a roll of butcher paper, poster board also works great and it is much less expensive at Dollar stores.

I use Shooterscalculator.com for ballistics. It is worth your time to understand Point Blank Range. Ballistics wasn't intuitive for me when I started shooting, and running the numbers really helps.