Scratching My Head

If you truly want help you will listen to what people are saying to you. The math doesn't add up. If you are 1.5" high at 25 yds you are roughly 4.5" high at 50 yds and you are saying you are only shooting .75" high. You are also saying you are on at 150. Calculations show roughly 12" high at 150 yds. You also said your 270 wsm was shooting 3 in one hole at 25 yds so you left it alone. I am not trying to be an *** just honest. It sounds like you need to spend more time at the range practicing and learning the basics of ballistics before you start shooting at animals in my opinion.
Yes sir thank you for your input I left it alone due to the reason I'm going back this week end with larger target to dial in scopes right and have a solid 100 yard zero I have hunted plenty and I'm not the average lad that goes and shoots once and if it hits a pie plate I run out and hunt also like one person state the rock size they could be right but when I say 4 in rock it don't mean go pull a ruler and measure across and be a tiny pebble
The 4 I'm is around

Yes sir thank you for your input I left it alone due to the reason I'm going back this week end with larger target to dial in scopes right and have a solid 100 yard zero I have hunted plenty and I'm not the average lad that goes and shoots once and if it hits a pie plate I run out and hunt also like one person state the rock size they could be right but when I say 4 in rock it don't mean go pull a ruler and measure across and be a tiny pebble
The 4 I'm is around
Another thing that can throw you off is that 20 moa rail and if you have a high ring height combined . Bottom line a tall target test will tell the story , good luck I'll speak for some of the other posters , I hope we helped or gave you some info that helps you work it out . It's always harder too figure things out over the keyboard , hands on is always the best (good luck.

Another thing that can throw you off is that 20 moa rail and if you have a high ring height combined . Bottom line a tall target test will tell the story , good luck I'll speak for some of the other posters , I hope we helped or gave you some info that helps you work it out . It's always harder too figure things out over the keyboard , hands on is always the best (good luck.
Some more food for thought , I usually set my windage dead nuts center where I have the same adj , left and right , I also do the same on elevation . I then bore sight or shoot a tall target and adjust from there , that way you will know how much elevation you will have left in the scope and windage likewise , then off coarse if you have target turrets set them back too zero so you can keep track if you dial for elevation or windage when shooting.

i bore sight my bolt guns at about 300 yds looking at a transformer on a power pole that should get you on target at 100 yds shoot one time and adjust your scope to that shot placement

Just food for thought. I did have at one point a 260 Remington that I zeroed 2 inches high at 100 and the gun hit about 8 inches low at 200. Dial it up to zero at 200 and it was 6 inches high at 100 so the adjustments were right. I thought that I had screwed something up with the load (scale off or too little powder). pulled a bullet and weighed the powder and it was spot on. The only thing I was left with was the scope. Had a fixed parallex 3X9 Nikon on it. I changed the scope (same rings and bases). Zeroed 2 inches high at 100 and banged dead on at 200. There had to be a problem with the parallex in the scope. May be the same issue here.

No doubt a tall target is going to be used next outing to the range and all screws will be double checked for torque and scopes will be checked for level will also be taking more shooters that are more experienced with ffp and parallex scopes and they shoot to a mile for comp will ask them to watch my body alignment with the rifle that's more in question and will post updates

No doubt a tall target is going to be used next outing to the range and all screws will be double checked for torque and scopes will be checked for level will also be taking more shooters that are more experienced with ffp and parallex scopes and they shoot to a mile for comp will ask them to watch my body alignment with the rifle that's more in question and will post updates
Good luck!🍀

Went to the range to zero in two different guns
1. Winchester model 70 270 wsm
2 Remington 700 .280 rem
Both had new scope so I started at 25 yards got them on paper shooting 1.5" high moved to 50 yards and was 3/4" in high went to 100 yards and could touch paper at all so I ranged some 4 in rocks at 150 yards and was hitting them dead center every shot let the guns sit for 45 minutes shoot paper at 100 and could hit paper what could be the cause
How big was the paper of did I miss that, ? If it's a 18" target you have a issue.

I don't think he ever said what he was trying to zero for could be helpful 😂
I'm just little confused on his numbers. I can't seem to find a way that it's possible to be 1.5 inches high at 25 then 3/4 of an inch high at 50 yards then couldn't touch paper at 100 then was zeroed at 150 making hits on a 4 inch rock… numbers don't make sense to me.
I agree, doesn't make sense, who's scope are you using, you might try a different scope, might be sticking unless your not adjusting the turrets, that's really wired. No way you can even try to duplicate that if you try.

Went to the range to zero in two different guns
1. Winchester model 70 270 wsm
2 Remington 700 .280 rem
Both had new scope so I started at 25 yards got them on paper shooting 1.5" high moved to 50 yards and was 3/4" in high went to 100 yards and could touch paper at all so I ranged some 4 in rocks at 150 yards and was hitting them dead center every shot let the guns sit for 45 minutes shoot paper at 100 and could hit paper what could be the cause
Could or could not?