Head separation on my brass

You might ought to check out the Peterson 280AI brass since you are making a switch. I was shooting the Nosler for quite some time and made the switch. The Peterson is better IMO.

IF you do not handload then Spalidi is completely right . However the 280AI is a wildcat and I have owned two of the 280AI and no headspace problems, but in my 45 years of working with wildcats not all reamers are the same. If you ;hand load then my remedy will work fine and if not then you ;need a good gunsmith to set your barrel back to the no go gauge for the 280 remington which is 1mm longer than a 30/06 and a 270 win. However the 270 is a 64mm case but the length is in the neck and not the sholder, so do not use 270 brass in a 280.

well Mran10us I taughr technology education for a few years and it was taught in Metrics and it does make things a bit more simple as a fact her in Flathead county Montana i use 100 metres for sighting in my rifles at 3.8 cm high and at 260 yards O. and I aagree with jonh 3-16 and also john 3-17

My first attempt at changing 270's into 280's was a miserable failure. A guy I know was telling me he had a ton of 270 once fired brass, he knew I had the 280. He explained to me to resize the neck to 7mm, load it, and shazam I have more brass. The only problem was when I pulled the trigger on my Rem 700, at nighttime btw into the ground, all I saw was fire coming out of my receiver in all directions, plus a small piece in my forehead. The entire brass was separated 1/4" ahead of the base.
What he forgot to tell me was to seat the bullet to the lands so the brass wouldn't be pushed forward from the firing pin, which caused a huge headspace problem, but again I was new so I said to heck with fireforming.
I later fireformed some 22-250 into AI by leaving the bullet touching the lands and a 257 Roberts and I never had a problem. I have never suggested that anyone fireform because so much can go wrong. The way I did it worked for me but you be the judge if you think it's right for you. And no I did not use full powder charges.