Recommend a quality Ti action

wilkup

Like the title says...
Short action, repeater
Will be mating with deep fluted, heavy bull sporter and Manners EH stock of undecided flavor

My build was just completed, so I have about 50 rounds total from load development and break in, I have a tactical carbon fiber handle. Bolt is getting smoother each time.

I have two Lone Peak Ti's in and one Pierce Ti and just finished a couple other Lone Peak and Pierce. The Lone Peak with nitride bolt runs smooth with no gummy feel the Pierce is gummy unless I Cerakote the action body then they get smooth, I've probably Cerakoted a dozen or more of them and it makes a big difference.
The Pierce can be had with a Ti bolt as well which make it scary, ridiculously light! Both actions are timed very well with the Lone Peak actually being a little better with no cock on close and little over cock. There may be another Ti action coming on line with a different coating that could be very interesting but for now, over all if I was building myself a Ti action gun right now I'd be running a Lone Peak Ti with Nitride bolt and Hawkins rings. This combo in a Manners MSC with mini chassis and fluted bartlien 3B at 25 inches plus brake and a 24 oz optic will put you just over 9 lbs hunting, you can drop a pound on the stock with ease. Same action and rings but in a Manners EH3 ADL with Swaro optic #3 Brux fluted at 21 inches will put you just over 7 lbs ready to go.

I have two Lone Peak Ti's in and one Pierce Ti and just finished a couple other Lone Peak and Pierce. The Lone Peak with nitride bolt runs smooth with no gummy feel the Pierce is gummy unless I Cerakote the action body then they get smooth, I've probably Cerakoted a dozen or more of them and it makes a big difference.
The Pierce can be had with a Ti bolt as well which make it scary, ridiculously light! Both actions are timed very well with the Lone Peak actually being a little better with no cock on close and little over cock. There may be another Ti action coming on line with a different coating that could be very interesting but for now, over all if I was building myself a Ti action gun right now I'd be running a Lone Peak Ti with Nitride bolt and Hawkins rings. This combo in a Manners MSC with mini chassis and fluted bartlien 3B at 25 inches plus brake and a 24 oz optic will put you just over 9 lbs hunting, you can drop a pound on the stock with ease. Same action and rings but in a Manners EH3 ADL with Swaro optic #3 Brux fluted at 21 inches will put you just over 7 lbs ready to go.

Very good information and helpful as usual =)
I almost had my last rifle you did, built off the Razor Ti, but was talked out of it by a few friends and told to go with the Fierce because of the CRF advantage.
I like the idea of a 24-25'' barrel plus brake, 24 oz optic and a Manners EH2. How do the Hawkins rings compare with Talley lightweights?

How do the Hawkins rings compare with Talley lightweights?

night and day.. other than footprint, they aren't comparable. Andy makes a great set of rings and is a super nice guy. They fit the LPA action as well (mine are on a Stiller).

20151203_162029.jpg

Very good information and helpful as usual =)
I almost had my last rifle you did, built off the Razor Ti, but was talked out of it by a few friends and told to go with the Fierce because of the CRF advantage.
I like the idea of a 24-25'' barrel plus brake, 24 oz optic and a Manners EH2. How do the Hawkins rings compare with Talley lightweights?

Comparing the Hawkins to Talley really isn't fair, the Hawkins ooze quality, better built, bubble level and can be had with 25 MOA of cant in them also, really they are the best I've used for that style of mount. If you do use a Talley with actions like the Lone Peak or Pierce order them for the Stiller action and they will come with pinned bases which is awesome. I pin the Talley rings when ever I can to keep them in place, they also benefit from bedding the scope just like bedding the action.

We make an integral lug titanium body. With Borden bumps, and twin cocking ramps, the action cycles very nicely from the shoulder. Give us a call if interested. 307.296.7300

Hey Aaron,
How does your action compare with the Lone Peak Ti? I've seen your products advertised and they seem quite a bit out of my budget, but I'm willing to look into it at least.

After going back and forth on what to buy, I've decided to go with the Pierce action in full titanium! Not exactly sure on the time frame because there's a minimum batch number on the Ti bolt.
It'll be a 3 month minimum before I get the action into my hands.
Gonna be a true lightweight rifle with big power =) I will DEFINITELY be getting a Ti muzzle brake to tame my 358 wildcat (360 Kilcup Improved) round it will be chambered for.
Getting giddy! gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.